Lt. Commander
# 11
06-03-2010, 05:31 PM
yes please.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
wow just wow i hope to see some of these ideas adopted by Cryptic that would be awesome
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-13-2010, 06:51 PM
I like these ideas
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Hiya Blackavaar,

Juat saw your post mentioned on today's episode of STOked, so if you did not know already... Well... You've been STOked...*Chuckle*...

That said, I like these ideas. Particularly the idea of being able to advance plot a course to include several mission locations. I assume that is what you meant at any rate.

An example being; suppose one is just starting a Patrol run with say four systems. Being able to set your course markers in the order you want to encounter the systems could be a nice way to avoid having to search for each location between missions.

I can see this as being particularly useful in an organized group where everyone had the same Patrols.

Herycles, howdy...

I really liked your idea for having Sector BLocks, Sectors, and Systems blocked together some how. Possibly even have an option for collapsing the menu in some way. This would enable the player to just have say; a particular Sector open within a Sector Block, and thus show the systems within it.

Cool stuff folks...
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-13-2010, 09:56 PM
What I was thinking is that all the exploration zones should just be represented by nebulae or whatnot and then they can free up those parts of the map for further expansion.

Just like you see the Mutara Nebula near B'tran, exploration zones could be easily represented the same way.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-14-2010, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
What I was thinking is that all the exploration zones should just be represented by nebulae or whatnot and then they can free up those parts of the map for further expansion.

Just like you see the Mutara Nebula near B'tran, exploration zones could be easily represented the same way.

Thoughts?
It was originally like that in closed beta when I joined it in October 2009, it was changed for some reason. I actually preferred it myself because stuff like the actual Hromi Cluster was placed in the Pi Canis Sector block right where it was meant to be as seen in the Star Charts book.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-14-2010, 03:27 AM
/signed +1
this is a perfect solution to the current map systems in place, great job on the visual ideas and way of explainin, hop danial looks into this and gives it the go ahead
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Bump, great improvement.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Good stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-23-2010, 02:24 AM
Good ideas. What I like most is, that it seems like it can be done fairly easy, mostly within existing engin which makes it more likely to happen. More of this kind, in everything!

Personally, id' like to see more graphical effects for the systems in exploration missions, not just a point. Could be a sloar system, an asteroid belt,or a nebula. Graphics are already in, it just needs to be plugged inte the random system generator in some smat way. I think the little dots we have now are... underwhelming.