Lt. Commander
# 1011
04-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Again, please check out my proposal to change the announcement, which is also a request for more information. If you support such a request, please do post in that thread.
Lt. Commander
# 1012
04-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
I still don't get where you think that "all ideas will have to be communicated to the advisory panel".
I was trying to say that as far as ideas go, people would have to go through the Advisory council to submit ideas because they would not be really looked at on the forums.

Maybe that would be true and maybe it would not, but I apologize for presenting that in a confrontational manner.

Sometimes the forums can be a scary place, I agree, but I really believe if you just read through you find the best stuff by people who play the game. I just don't understand how having a "middleman" accomplishes what Cryptic is lacking.

We are all here; we don't need an interpreter.
Lt. Commander
# 1013
04-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
Quite obviously, the point of taking input from people that don't play this game (notably, people that may be gamers, or star trek fans, or both) is to see why they're not playing the game in the first place and to see what they want in an STO game that they're not seeing in this game currently and is keeping them from playing this game. In addition, opening discussion about this game outside these official forums would have a secondary effect of giving this game added visibility to the outside, which in turn could act as an advertisement of sorts.

It would seem like a MMO should want to expand its playerbase. It seems however, that most of the posters here actually want a stagnant, fetid pool of players that are closed off to any incoming flux of new people.
I see your point and if you read the last line about storyline help is great, but if some one is not a fan of Trek why would they play STO, my concern is handing power to a bunch of ppl who are not fans of trek and ruining what I think is a promising game. So let me say agian STORYLINE help is great, but handing power to influence they way STO is done to ppl who know little to nothing about trek is to quote some pointy eared friends illogical.
Lt. Commander
# 1014
04-03-2010, 06:53 PM
interesting concept, i'm in
Lt. Commander
# 1015
04-03-2010, 06:56 PM
User Tendel posted this:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=147670

I urge people to read through this as it helps answer some questions.

It's pretty safe to say that I now have a better understanding of what the Advisory Council is and how they probably won't have an impact on the STO forums.

Thank you for that work, Tendel.
Lt. Commander
# 1016
04-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerIIC View Post
post removed as it contain content not approved by the council
I love this post.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand.

I'm really hysterical here right now, so happy.

I joined STO after playing the beta, signed up for a year because I had the good sense not to shell out for lifetime. Now the company who would not give me a refund is basically destroying itself with its own stupidity and poor management. I cant express in words how happy I am.

I'm going to settle in and watch the fallout of their choices seen as I have a years subscription. I cant wait for thier next silly brainwave, if they survive this one.
Lt. Commander
# 1017
04-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr_Sheridan View Post
I see your point and if you read the last line about storyline help is great, but if some one is not a fan of Trek why would they play STO, my concern is handing power to a bunch of ppl who are not fans of trek and ruining what I think is a promising game. So let me say agian STORYLINE help is great, but handing power to influence they way STO is done to ppl who know little to nothing about trek is to quote some pointy eared friends illogical.
I think this is a fairly limiting perspective. Asking gamers who love MMOs but don't play STO could come out with an answer like "STO is missing <insert game elements> that I'm really looking for in a game"; whereas talking to Star Trek fans (or even just sci-fi fans in general) that might not be hardcore gamers may reveal "I'm looking for <insert Star Trek element> but I don't think your game has that, so I'm not interested". Neither of these groups may have any interest in coming to these forums to give input.

More than that... Gamers Who Love Star Trek But Not Playing STO... If you were a game company that was making a Star Trek game, would you not want to know why those people may not be playing your game and do something about it?
Lt. Commander
# 1018
04-03-2010, 07:30 PM
"infractions" for protesting this are being handed out like water.

Any of our 4 chosen "player representatives" want to comment?
Lt. Commander
# 1019
04-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
"infractions" for protesting this are being handed out like water.

Any of our 4 chosen "player representatives" want to comment?
I've been "protesting" since I stopped playing, shortly after launch and I've not gotten any infractions. I feel left out.
Lt. Commander
# 1020
04-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebort5050 View Post
I've been "protesting" since I stopped playing, shortly after launch and I've not gotten any infractions. I feel left out.
Bah. Its sacrelegious to give the one true cup an infraction.
Closed Thread