Lt. Commander
# 141
04-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan-Cryptic View Post
Or, maybe we could find a better way of approaching them. Like, maybe we could speak with people who run Star Trek conventions, other Star Trek fan clubs, Star Trek exhibitions, etc. Maybe we're already doing exactly that.

Ivan, are you reading this thread in reverse? You are responding to older and older posts.
Lt. Commander
# 142
sounds disgusting to me. parse the forums instead of listening to a minority who dont represent your fanbase!
Lt. Commander
# 143
Quote:
Like, maybe we could speak with people who run Star Trek conventions, other Star Trek fan clubs, Star Trek exhibitions, etc.
I support this completely. Get the rabid fan take on STO. That will help as well!
Lt. Commander
# 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by House_of_Tabor
Maybe because the only people who had any choice in the appointment of these Council members was you, Cryptic? YOU got choose who represent US.. and one of your choices advocates shutting down the Klingon side altogether and focusing purely on Federation content
Sounds like someone's about ready to throw his tea overboard.
Lt. Commander
# 145
04-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaelinTerenes
Just want to point out, Ivan said they are going this route in addition to also listening on the forums, doing surveys, etc, etc. And if you feel like spouting conjecture that in the future they won't hold to this and just listen to the council, could I also have the next lotto numbers and the winner of next years Super Bowl? tyvm
Next years Super Bowl winners will be...Newcastle United in a stunning upset.
Lt. Commander
# 146
04-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddoxx View Post
How is it? On the internet you have anonymity, so if a person isn't comfortable posting on forums when their true identity isn't known, what makes you so sure they are going to feel comfortable talking with a person, even if that is electronically?
What makes us sure? Nothing. But, we donít need to be sure. We need to make the effort.

Quote:
If they don't want to talk on the forums, the logical viewpoint is that they would also decline to talk to someone via a more private means.
And that means we shouldn't even try and engage them? I disagree completely. The bottom line I see is: Someone who is a Star Trek fan or a Star Trek Online fan who does not post on the forums is still reachable. We may be able to reach said fan this way. May being the operative word. If not, we'll try something else.

Quote:
If you want to get the viewpoint of you playerbase you should have started with the polls and the newsletters that you previously mentioned before even considering forming a player advisory council. This should have been something down further down the line when other mediums let you down. Not from the getgo.
But... We did do exactly that. And we're going to do even more going forward.
Lt. Commander
# 147
04-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaelinTerenes
Just want to point out, Ivan said they are going this route in addition to also listening on the forums, doing surveys, etc, etc. And if you feel like spouting conjecture that in the future they won't hold to this and just listen to the council, could I also have the next lotto numbers and the winner of next years Super Bowl? tyvm
I think that's getting jumped over, this is in addition to the forums. Another way to get to those that may dislike our forums, though I couldn't imagine why someone wouldn't like our forums, everyone's so rational and polite.
Lt. Commander
# 148
deleted by me...
Lt. Commander
# 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by genome87
sounds disgusting to me. parse the forums instead of listening to a minority who dont represent your fanbase!
They already ARE reading the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 150
Quote:
Or, maybe we could find a better way of approaching them. Like, maybe we could speak with people who run Star Trek conventions, other Star Trek fan clubs, Star Trek exhibitions, etc. Maybe we're already doing exactly that.
Why not ask us all as a whole, You've done polls before on the old website pre launch, why not pop up a weekly poll asking us our views on the lastest *Insert Development idea* here

Something that makes us feel you have a more invested interest of us beyond that of our wallets (as some people believe)
Closed Thread