Lt. Commander
# 511
04-02-2010, 07:23 PM
If someone won't post on the forums about how they feel about the game when that is what the forums are primarily here for (to solicit feedback from the player base) then they dont get heard. Everyone knows where these things are, what there for, and we all have screennames to protect our identities so we dont get e-bullied. I warn you cryptic, trying to appeal to a silent majority will be elusive and will have unforeseen consequences. They are silent because more than likely they are content with the way the game is. Some of the biggest mistakes in MMO history were made to appease this elusive silent majority.
Lt. Commander
# 512
04-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
Shut Up, Wesley was not a well-known Trek site. It's a TON of Dr. Who and very little Trek btw.
I bet it came as a total shock to their web person that they are on the STO council. I wonder if they are even a subscriber?
Lt. Commander
# 513
04-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
You disputed the "Trek and STO" comment. You got the quote.
umm actually, I did not. It may be that you are just having a field day posting random points that are not in question... but moreover, it scares me a bit to see how blatantly you are ignoring the key point you made, and I counterpointed...

Question you have yet to answer...in any way shape or form:
Where did they ever say they wanted people to go there and talk trek? Ever? Even once?
Lt. Commander
# 514
04-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biiignaassty
If someone won't post on the forums about how they feel about the game when that is what the forums are primarily here for (to solicit feedback from the player base) then they dont get heard. Everyone knows where these things are, what there for, and we all have screennames to protect our identities so we dont get e-bullied. I warn you cryptic, trying to appeal to a silent majority will be elusive and will have unforeseen consequences. They are silent because more than likely they are content with the way the game is. Some of the biggest mistakes in MMO history were made to appease this elusive silent majority.
If they aren't for that purpose then shut them down.
Lt. Commander
# 515
04-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluant
umm actually, I did not. It may be that you are just having a field day posting random points that are not in question... but moreover, it scares me a bit to see how blatantly you are ignoring the key point you made, and I counterpointed...

Question you have yet to answer...in any way shape or form:
Where did they ever say they wanted people to go there and talk trek? Ever? Even once?
The Star Trek Online Advisory Council is an informal group of Star Trek and gaming fans who have been tapped to provide input on the development of STO. Based on Earth in the Sol System, the Council will also become ambassadors for their readers, viewers and followers who want to provide suggestions and tips on how Star Trek Online's 25th century storyline might further evolve.

Notice the "their readers, viewers and followers" part? That is in the news that the first post here links btw.
Lt. Commander
# 516
04-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
BTW, since we are nominating people involved with websites that are vaguely STO related to the "council"...

I am a major contributor and moderator at a "by the fans, for the fans" MMO site (that tends to be harsh (but fair) on the industry, we were, after all, formed of jaded SWG veterans)

http://www.mmofringe.com

FYI: my wanting to be nominated is a joke. I would never agree to serve under these circumstances, especially if not elected, and even then probably not. I'd criticize myself if I did.
will you start posting cool link backs to STO, and maybe some click-thoughs? If so, I will nominate you immediately!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 517
04-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forjo View Post
Which they (Cryptic) are within their rights to do. Since this council has been repeatedly stated as an ADDITIONAL source of input they have the right to decide whether an applicant's input will further their goals. Just as they have the right to reject or accept feedback presented on these forums.
A+ for optimisim and support.

but how is anyone to know they are getting a fare invite if they send an email? you dont. if in the case of your post, then nothing should have been said about this at all.

but given the link and clip to be "considered" was added screams of many unknowns and effectively makes this the "ultimate captains table"

i like the idea, just the way it was done and the initial reps i dont agree with. that is my choice to voice as a member of STO and the community.
Lt. Commander
# 518
04-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluant
will you start posting cool link backs to STO, and maybe some click-thoughs? If so, I will nominate you immediately!!!!
Nah, I don't qualify. I've never been a fan of Dr. Who.

I do love Monty Python and Black Adder though.
Lt. Commander
# 519
04-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
Nah, I don't qualify. I've never been a fan of Dr. Who.

I do love Monty Python and Black Adder though.
Obviously you have to be a fan of Dr. Who to be appointed and must devote your site to Dr. Who too.
Lt. Commander
# 520
04-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Obviously you have to be a fan of Dr. Who to be appointed and must devote your site to Dr. Who too.
Does Dr. Who practice medicine in Whooville?
Closed Thread