Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
04-02-2010, 03:30 PM
As someone who often feels like my posts for ideas and whatnot are overlooked by not only the fanbase but the developers of the game I kinda want to be involved with this advisory council to try and benefit the growth of the game... with that being said.. what are my chances since I don't really have an advertising website like those other places.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
04-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Wait, it just occurred to me... is this a belated April Fools joke? Did Cryptic just Rick-roll us? :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
04-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
i think the idea is great. but i also think there should be one rep from EVERY fleet in the council.
Sure! Why not? If you want to participate, e-mail that address.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
04-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan-Cryptic View Post
Star Trek fans who feel overwhelmed by the forums and disinclined to post here may prefer speaking with other Star Trek fans in different venues, yes. This is perfectly logical.
Logic flawed. I never heard of STOked until the forums. You think they got more Trek fans or long time Trek fans because they are "STOked"?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
04-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
Presumably they're responsible for filtering and distilling the chatter down into a Cryptic-usable form.

I know it says these are the charter members and more will be added, but I see three U.S.S. names and one "Starfleet"... Klingons gonna have a fit again.
Or because they know they will only like what they hear from them.

As I said, SOE did exactly this with SWG, and go look at their forums. Some of their "senators" openly flame "ordinary" players and generally act like asses. But because they are always acting that way in suppressing dissent (ie: any posts or ideas not in lockstep with the Devs) they are allowed to get away with it.

If we are going to have player representatives they need to be chosen by us, not by you. Otherwise, can the whole idea, it will be a waste of time and will only create animosity. Finding out what we want is what we are paying YOU for. If you are going to do this, suck it up, let us choose our representatives, and be adult enough to take some criticism and be told every once in awhile you are wrong.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
04-02-2010, 03:31 PM
the greatest way to get the most feedback is through in game communications. have polls have surveys i mean jeez have someone chatting people up in the game recording feedback. Use the mail system to contact people. This just seems like a waste of time to hunt down feedback from people whom don't actively want to give you feedback. These sort of "councils" have yet to work in any game i have seen use them.

learn from SWG please.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
04-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublin_Raider View Post
NO.
This Council does not represent me nor the views of the game community.
This is a terrible idea.
How are these guys any less "the game community" than you or I?

By the nature of these sites being established Star Trek fan sites in some way, shape, or form... and expressing interest to support a community in regards to this game, I'd say they may actually be bit more of a voice of a "community" for this game than us as individuals.

Also, there's nothing stopping you from forming your own STO community either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
04-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
Or because they know they will only like what they hear from them.

As I said, SOE did exactly this with SWG, and go look at their forums. Some of their "senators" openly flame "ordinary" players and generally act like asses. But because they are always acting that way in suppressing dissent (ie: any posts or ideas not in lockstep with the Devs) they are allowed to get away with it.

If we are going to have player representatives they need to be chosen by us, not by you. Otherwise, can the whole idea, it will be a waste of time and will only create animosity. Finding out what we want is what we are paying YOU for.
This announcement actually shows that Cryptic is not caring what everyone but those four think or this idea would have never have happened in the first place.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
04-02-2010, 03:33 PM
All you've done, Crypic, is impose this "Council" upon us.. members of your own choosing.. we had no choice, no input...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
04-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by House_of_Tabor
All you've done, Crypic, is impose this "Council" upon us.. members of your own choosing.. we had no choice, no input...
Which means that they represent no one but Cryptic.

Keep that in mind when marketing decides to spin this as some great thing they are doing to the MMO press. I'm sure there will be an article about it soon.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:43 PM.