Lt. Commander
I was really glad to have new fleet actions as there one of my favourite aspects in this game. So after a few days of trying the new season 1 content and raids i decided to try one of the new fleet actions "DS9 Under Seige". I was very excited about trying this as the Cardassians are one of my favourite villians in star trek next to the Borg.

So I get in listen to the good captain begin blasting the door and then marvel at all of the Cardassians It was like I was at a star trek convention again. I was fine with this though nothing like blasting some bloody cardi's. So we and a few others finish this group and move on. As we continue we fight wave and wave and wave of Cardassians and waves and waves and waves of more Cardassians we continue to lower force fields and we move on. I was ok with this at first but after a while it just got very repetitive and endless. It was like playing my own version of Cardassian wack a mole not matter how many I killed 4 more would join to take their place and then another 8 to take their place. I felt that if I get going I would drive the Cardassians to extinction or the station would simply overflow with Cardassians and crumble because of over flowing.

I dont feel that it is bad design I mean the guys I was with were not prioritising there targets on holoprojectors or the ausslt legates not saying I had much of a better idea. Perhaps there could be less Cardassians for us to fight or have the legates only be able to spawn 1 holoprojector in there life maybe once you kill a group they dont later respawn or more dont beam in at that area.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Eh, DS9 Under siege isn't that bad when you think about that Klingon fleet action where you have to fight wave after wave of combat engineers who can fully regen their shield as soon as you take it down.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicJustice
Eh, DS9 Under siege isn't that bad when you think about that Klingon fleet action where you have to fight wave after wave of combat engineers who can fully regen their shield as soon as you take it down.
Breaking the planet I believe. True that is quite annoying but at least the Klingons die when you kill and dont consistently respawn and throw down a million holoprojectors spawning countless Klingon warriors. They also dont spawn in groups of 30 or more they are more managable.

DS9 under seige is countless Cardassians and then just whacking countless Cardassians.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-02-2010, 07:46 PM
By "Klingon fleet action," I was referring to the fleet action the Klingons have. Not the one where you are fighting the Klingons. And yes, the enemies do respawn at an alarming rate. Couple that with the minimal number of KDF players and you have a low chance of success.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2010, 02:05 AM
A problem with pretty much all the ground based fleet actions (and the raidisodes, for that matter). Too long, too much garbage to chew through over and over.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-03-2010, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axterix
A problem with pretty much all the ground based fleet actions (and the raidisodes, for that matter). Too long, too much garbage to chew through over and over.
Well I dont have a problem killing a large horde of Cardassians or anyone else for that Its usually fun and I get good drops. I do however have a problem killing that exact same group of Cardassians over and over and over like your moronic team mates look for the key "it must of fell into my boot..." or cannot target the right targets and then just after you finish the group another one takes its place or another 3 holoprojectors are placed.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-03-2010, 02:56 AM
I enjoyed it
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2010, 06:13 AM
Its fun with a large group but a nightmare with a smaller one as the respawn is horrendous

i hope they do more starship based fleet actions. they are the really cool ones
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-04-2010, 05:11 PM
I did the DS9 Fleet thing yesterday for the first time.

Wow, talk about insane button smashing. Yes, waves after waves after waves... coming from the front, coming from behind, and just when you though they were gone, another 20 of them drop from the sky (balcony?). I am a casual player so to me it was a bit nuts. We died dozens of times (good thing there is no DP).

And after over an hour of this, I was rewarded with a ... Medium Hypo.
I have a Doc so the giga healing I did apparently made no difference in the mission score.

EDIT: I would do it again, if there was a unique reward (not necessarily "epic"), but as it is, to me Casual Player, it is really not work the keyboard wear and the RSI.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-04-2010, 06:01 PM
actually you should look for turrets or holo generators, they spawn 2 cardies or so per and it seems every cardie and their mother have one of these generators.

Hard to target though.