Lt. Commander
# 11
07-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Easy fix, have a timer where you are invincible for 10 seconds upon entering a PvP zone. Same thing goes for Deep Space Encounters.
Or you could have it automatically set you on Yellow Alert as soon as you enter, shields up, but not weapons (so more power to sheilds and engines automatically till Red Alert so more chance to live and shift), just as a alternative and also somewhat more pluasable.

On the basis of the idea I do like it, just the invincible part that might make things worse as if a opposing player in PVP spawns close to a battle if its near a TW gate, they are now able to hit you for 10 seconds and not give a damn cause you can't do anything to them, true most the time battles are far from the gate you spawn at, but there is the chance.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-21-2010, 01:10 PM
I would prefer to use the buttons.....

choosing yellow alert when in a creepy situation, to have my shields up just in case. :p

Adds to the feel
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-21-2010, 02:37 PM
No need to actually have the button affect anything in combat. Keep the auto shield/weapon thing exactly the same.

It would just be fun to have the button to give an alert notification on the screen, and the iconic buzzer. Sometimes a simple cosmetic addition can help immersion.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-21-2010, 02:48 PM
I would like a way to issue Red and Yellow alert. There is no such thing as Green Alert.. Condition green is the default state when not in Red or Yellow alert. After all.. When have you ever heard anyone say.. "The fight is over... Go to Green Alert!".
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-21-2010, 03:16 PM
This is exactly something we need. And not just a simple tacked on issue that we can change when we feel like it; it needs to be a game changer. If you're on diplomatic missions, or hell, even aid the planet or simple missions like those and you have anything other than status green the people there should be upset or even offended; maybe even provoked. Things like this, are a major need in this game.

Then again I also sincerely believe that we need multiple choices when talking to people in the game. Choices that will alter the conversation as per most normal RPGs these days. I want to choose between trying to talk an issue out and calling someone a dirty targ. This is what I believe a LOT of people had in mind when they wanted more diplomacy in the game. The current FDC is neat and all, I definitely don't want that to ever go away because it does add a unique layer. However, what I would like to see is actual interaction at all times; always have choices that will alter the conversation or events. You might be able to avoid fighting in some missions where, as of now, you can't; or something of that sort.

/ramble
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-21-2010, 03:45 PM
I do miss NOT having this simple option in the game. This is the ONE thing the Captain usually does, is put the ship on Red Alert or yellow. The one thing us Captains should be doing, they automated. My vote is give us a red/yellow alert button!
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-22-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhno View Post
This is exactly something we need. And not just a simple tacked on issue that we can change when we feel like it; it needs to be a game changer. If you're on diplomatic missions, or hell, even aid the planet or simple missions like those and you have anything other than status green the people there should be upset or even offended; maybe even provoked. Things like this, are a major need in this game.

Then again I also sincerely believe that we need multiple choices when talking to people in the game. Choices that will alter the conversation as per most normal RPGs these days. I want to choose between trying to talk an issue out and calling someone a dirty targ. This is what I believe a LOT of people had in mind when they wanted more diplomacy in the game. The current FDC is neat and all, I definitely don't want that to ever go away because it does add a unique layer. However, what I would like to see is actual interaction at all times; always have choices that will alter the conversation or events. You might be able to avoid fighting in some missions where, as of now, you can't; or something of that sort.

/ramble
I TOTALLY agree! +1
We should be able to choose how the story unfolds, it gets boring just to have to keep battling all the time. The missions always end in a battle, also some people don't agree to what their character is forced to say and want other options.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-22-2010, 07:51 AM
I agree to this.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-22-2010, 08:24 AM
Actually I donīt agree with this. Surprise.

Itīs one of the greatest problems of TV shows and elevating the scientific illiterate writing as canon.

Zipping around in space is actually a sure death sentence without a type of shielding permanently active.
NON "corporeal" shielding that is.
As any matter hit by intra planetary and/or solar radiation will soon become a source of radiation itself, no matter what fancy shmancy transparent aluminiums etc. you make up.

So anything but alert red in space is suicidal.

Or was it yellow? I guess we donīt need powered up weapons all the time, as we have the deflector dish to actually deflect anything that wants to punch through the hull while weīre flying at it.

As it is now I just view it as a war directive from Starfleet to have red alert be the standard MO while not flying under full impulse. Actually a pretty sane idea when your enemy can cloak and you never know when itīs coming.
Lt. Commander
# 20 Make Them Buffs
07-22-2010, 08:34 AM
Red & Yellow should be both be both visual alerts and buffs: Yellow as a +2% hull regeneration buff, and red as a +2.5% damage resistance buff. The visual alerts would be the red alert message and and yellow alert message. When we get interior functionality, they should be like the red alert in the series/ movies.