Lt. Commander
# 1 Slowdown
04-03-2010, 07:04 AM
Well ive a weird one , if i play as my main i get ALOT of slowdown , if i switch to alt (new character i made) i get very little slowdown , my graphics card is a Geforce 8800M GTX, i can play everything i have on max but not STO , sometimes have to lower graphics right down to get no slowdown , the code needs serious looking at.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2010, 11:37 AM
do you have AA turned all the way up by any chance, or even at x4, if so turn it off completely and also go into the trouble shooting tab in the video options and turn off the gpu particle option (or something similar at least) and finally lock the frame rate to 30, there is not a huge difference between 30 and 60 fps with this game so that should be ok.

setting all the above should help considerable with your issues.

also on a final note what are the specs of your laptop? the reasona i ask for laptop specs is the nvidia 8800M GTX is for a laptop, and it is only as powerful as a desktop version of the nvidia 8800GT, so you will lose quite a lot of performance there too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Hey

Ive tried everything , often i have to lower settings right the way down , its not only me either ive seen others complain alot and they have powerful rigs.

Like i say i can run everything max with no problems just STO has issues and its a little anoying.

But my specs are:

Windows7
Intel Duo 2.4ghz
4gb Ram

Ill also go retry the settings you have mentioned to confirm okies.

Update:

Tried those suggested options , still slow , better than if i didnt touch the settings obviously , but looks ugly lol , im forever messing around with the settings to make things playeable
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2010, 11:59 AM
if those setting do not help at all i will see what i can dig up that may help.

not having an nvidia gpu recently is really going to limit my help though, however as mentioned if i remember anything else i will post it for you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Update:

Tried those suggested options , still slow , better than if i didnt touch the settings obviously , but looks ugly lol , im forever messing around with the settings to make things playeable