Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-28-2010, 03:34 AM
If it's the identical weapon, there will be a shared cooldown on the special shot.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-28-2010, 04:00 AM
I enjoy ground PvP EXCEPT for the 1-2 shot combos and tricks that can take you down from full health/shields. The number of people that I see exclusively relying on that is growing and it frankly sucks all the fun out of ground PvP. What is the point of having different kits, cool skills and gear if you are playing vs 1-2 shot exploiters? If I want PvP that allows non-stop 1-2 shot kills I will play Halo or something. At least then I will have no illusions that my character skills/kits/gear matter.

WN
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-28-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong_Number
I enjoy ground PvP EXCEPT for the 1-2 shot combos and tricks that can take you down from full health/shields. The number of people that I see exclusively relying on that is growing and it frankly sucks all the fun out of ground PvP. What is the point of having different kits, cool skills and gear if you are playing vs 1-2 shot exploiters? If I want PvP that allows non-stop 1-2 shot kills I will play Halo or something. At least then I will have no illusions that my character skills/kits/gear matter.

WN
Well 1-3 shooting people really is all a tactics is good for atm.
If you reduce that spike damage potential of tactics, they wont be able to kill any decent sci or engineer player at all, simply due to the fact that they could not even get past the shields of engineers(its very hard already on aware engs) or due to scis easily being able to outheal the damage without even having to react fast or act smart(those scis that do both and are prepared already survive a tactic burst with ease).

1-3 shot kills for tactics involve quite some buffing up, preparing the opponent(TO, FF debuffing first) and fluid weapon switching, and are far form just pushing one button once, no matter how you at the recieving end might experience it.

They should adress kit switch-buffing(multiple copies of the same buff from different kits) up asap though, i cant believe how something like this can stay in the game so long without being fixed and the same goes for rifle butt, pretty much the most broken ability in the game ... in any game .... ever... seriously wtf?!.