Lt. Commander
Hi Guis!

Ive been fund of sci-fi movies and shows ever since I was a kid, and have really enjoyed hunting down those long lost movies and shows that I only remember fragments of..

Thereby Lexx, Cleopatra 2255, Short Circuit, Not quite Human, and that walt disney film about that kid who becomes friends with an AI UFO, and travels into the future (cant remember that one atm )

Anyways..

When reading about Dr.Who on another thread in this forum section, I suddenly started to remember another tv-show that I used to watch as a kid..

But I have VERY few clues here.. so overbear with me

1) Im pretty sure it was british, but it might have been from another english speaking origin..

2) It was during the 90's

3) Some ROUND ship, that travelled through DIMENSIONS and TIME, as I recall it..

4) A young man, a woman, and an elderly man (some kind of leader/father-role to this young man)

5) This young man is from earth, but becomes friends with this elderly man, travells to another dimension, becomes friends with this girl.. which has this machine in her home, that removes dirt from her body in seconds.. some equivilant to our showers, but without water... She has a sister or something, not sure..

6) Lots of stuff happens, they become this team, travell to different dimensions (we're talking far out, crazy, lovely sci-fi), but still it was a B-quality to it all.. but as a kid, I didnt mind, I just loved the stories and the people in the tv show..

7) I could swear this was british, but not 100% certain.. the girl was really cute, but something awefull happened inthe tv show.. in the end, the end for me atleasty, as I didnt watch any more of it after that.. It got to the young man's attention that the elderly man/leader-guy had ill-intent, and had only pretended to be a nice/good-guy.. The young girl warned this young man about this.. but it was such a shock for him.. as he thought of himself and the elderly man as friends..

Does anyone remember this tv show?

Any names?

A IMDB link perhaps?

I really wanna get a hold of this series again, and watch it

And no, it wasnt Dr.Who at least I think it wasnt :|
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2010, 11:03 AM
This is your brain. (o)

This is your brain on Ten Forward. (<./)

Any questions?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2010, 11:12 AM
You probably mean "Sliders", yes it was the 90`s, and no, it was american. Don't remember any round ship, though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliders

And "that kid who becomes friends with an AI UFO, and travels into the future" is probably "Flight of the Navigator"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091059/
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2010, 11:38 AM
hmmm..

Sliders?

Might be.. but Im not entirely convinced.. I recall the actors being different, especially the girl and the boy being younger.. like 16-17 year olds..

What of my hints made you think of Sliders?

I remember some of the dimensions they visited was really weird and child-fantasy-like.. hence why I enjoyed it so much as a kid..

Sliders seem more of an adult sci-fi tv show..
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenWithTPaland7of9

What of my hints made you think of Sliders?
Uh, Guy, girl, professor, traveling through dimensions, maybe?

But I'm at least right about the navigator thing, right?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Its definately not Sliders.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXSe View Post
Uh, Guy, girl, professor, traveling through dimensions, maybe?

But I'm at least right about the navigator thing, right?
Aye, you got the Navigator thing correct.. I Got it as DVD-movie, lovely film

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
Its definately not Sliders.
No? Got any clue then?

Actually, I think remember Sliders, but that wasnt it..

Though I have this distinctly familiarization with the black guy from Sliders with a Robot arm.. was that from Sliders?

Im downloading all 5 seasons of Sliders now..

But Im fairly certain thats not the tv show Im looking for
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenWithTPaland7of9
Aye, you got the Navigator thing correct.. I Got it as DVD-movie, lovely film

No? Got any clue then?

Actually, I think remember Sliders, but that wasnt it..

Though I have this distinctly familiarization with the black guy from Sliders with a Robot arm.. was that from Sliders?

Im downloading all 5 seasons of Sliders now..

But Im fairly certain thats not the tv show Im looking for
Can't recall, sounds vaugely familiar to hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, but i'm pretty sure that was a lot earlier since I've never seen the original.

Theres the tomorrow people which is doubtful but then again i never saw that either. The 90s wasn't a good decade for sci fi tbh it was mostly ruled by Star trek in the uk.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-03-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm just going to list off a few90's sci-fi I remember off the top of my head.

7 Days = they didn't travel between dimensions but back in time, there was a round sphere craft with little flight capability they used to travel through time, but only back 7 days. American made, Australian lead actor.

Babylon 5 = Mostly a 23rd century based general space sci-fi, alien wars, diplomatic affairs, a few obvious satires, but despite graphics quality is relatively good, heard it was popular in the UK. Primarily based around a space Station but did spend a good amount of time on other empires worlds. Russian written/directed, German music scored, American filmed series.

Space Above and Beyond = From memory this was a typical space military series based on when Humans first encounter aliens out in space, war erupts. American series (I think)

Sliders = Aforementioned dimension travel based series. American Series

Earth 2 = It only lasted 1 season. Based on colonists having to evacuate their colony ship before it landed due to sabotage and land in escape pods several thousand miles from where all their primary equipment and stores landed. They begin travelling to that location slowly finding evidence that the planet was once a human penal colony amongst other things. Underrated series, I quite enjoyed it. (This had a african american professor like character with a robotic forearm.)
American Series

Seaquest DSV = Based in the near future where the oceans are humans new real-estate with various underwater colonies and stations and warfare has taken to the depth with vast fleets of submersible craft. Seaquest is a large (1000 foot?) most advanced submarine in the ocean. Lasted 3 seasons. American series.

The others mentioned in previous posts.

Escape from Jupiter = childrens australian made sci-fi series. They take an old solar-sailed station that's fulling apart back to earth.

Beyond the other typical series, Trek/WHO/etc I can't think of others.

But being a childrens based sci-fi based on your description I doubt I would know it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-03-2010, 06:07 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest something really obscure;

Timeslip

http://www.timeslip.org.uk/

I live in the UK and love SciFi, but even I find this one obscure!

Could it be what you are searching for?

Edit - oops 70's not 90's!