Lt. Commander
# 11
04-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius39
I'm just going to list off a few90's sci-fi I remember off the top of my head.

7 Days = they didn't travel between dimensions but back in time, there was a round sphere craft with little flight capability they used to travel through time, but only back 7 days. American made, Australian lead actor.

Babylon 5 = Mostly a 23rd century based general space sci-fi, alien wars, diplomatic affairs, a few obvious satires, but despite graphics quality is relatively good, heard it was popular in the UK. Primarily based around a space Station but did spend a good amount of time on other empires worlds. Russian written/directed, German music scored, American filmed series.

Space Above and Beyond = From memory this was a typical space military series based on when Humans first encounter aliens out in space, war erupts. American series (I think)

Sliders = Aforementioned dimension travel based series. American Series

Earth 2 = It only lasted 1 season. Based on colonists having to evacuate their colony ship before it landed due to sabotage and land in escape pods several thousand miles from where all their primary equipment and stores landed. They begin travelling to that location slowly finding evidence that the planet was once a human penal colony amongst other things. Underrated series, I quite enjoyed it. (This had a african american professor like character with a robotic forearm.)
American Series

Seaquest DSV = Based in the near future where the oceans are humans new real-estate with various underwater colonies and stations and warfare has taken to the depth with vast fleets of submersible craft. Seaquest is a large (1000 foot?) most advanced submarine in the ocean. Lasted 3 seasons. American series.

The others mentioned in previous posts.

Escape from Jupiter = childrens australian made sci-fi series. They take an old solar-sailed station that's fulling apart back to earth.

Beyond the other typical series, Trek/WHO/etc I can't think of others.

But being a childrens based sci-fi based on your description I doubt I would know it.

My ****ing God!

That was a WHOLE bounch of candy

You see, there's more tv shows that I watched alot as a kid, that I've forgotten about and only remember perhaps small fragments off..

And I thought, maybe, just maybe, one of the tv shows you listed was the other tv-show Ive been looking for for about 6 years..

Space Above and Beyond!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBaQFafK3ZU

I remember the brown haired girl "Kristen Cloke" as you can see from the intro so very well,, its probably 15-16 years since I last saw that series.. but I still remember this one episode that was REALLY horrying.. I still can resite like 80% of the episode after 16 years!! imagine that

Anyways, havent checked out the other tv shows yet, but I will, and hopefully one of them is the one I remember

I distinctly recall this round spaceship, and them travelling mainly to different dimensions.. and I recall this weird dimension with "dolls"-. doll-like creatures.. and very colorfull walls and such.. and this elderly man and the young boy visits another place in the pilot or something.. and they come in contact with this girl, that lives on a field/farm, with special technology.. (here's the scene I recall about she being dirty, and saying "cleanse" or something to a machine, that cleanses her.. their equivilant to a shower )

Oh well!

I will definetely go hunting for dvd-releases of "SPace Above and Beyond"

But hey, while we're talking about old tv shows..

I really reccomend any true sci-fi fan to check out LEXX,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxuUbizTVXM&feature=fvst

THis is some dark serious ****, really crazy ****.. 4-5 seasons, really boring some times, but intense.. and weird.. I have only managed to look through 1,5 seasons

And btw, I noticed, I've seen "Seaquest DSV" before. Was one of my favorite tv-shows when I was like 11-12 years old (14 years ago).. Also remember playing the PC adventure game that also was called something like Sea Quest (not seaquest, but something else.. 2-3 letters short for something.. they also made a sequal.. typical point-and-click adventure PC game under water, with a dolphin and a boy.. aaaaaahh, man, its on my tounge.. I cant recall!)

Thank you so much Sirius

and thanks to you who mentioned Timeslip, but cant say that I recall that tv-show at all.. but thanks for the input mate
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Hoew about the movie Lost In Space based on the TV show by the same name.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-03-2010, 11:00 PM
But hey, Sirius, or UK-Nigh****ch, you guys remember another tv-show about this boy who falls in a coma, and each episode is about this "imaginary" world inside his head?

I recall, lots of kids, in this world.. no parents, or very few adults at all, a girl, a fat boy, a lighthouse, his dad being inside the lighthouse, or someone looking like him.. and the boy got into the coma by falling down a tree..

I think this tv-show was british tbh.. but not sure.. also 1990's..
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesses View Post
Hoew about the movie Lost In Space based on the TV show by the same name.
Nah, I recall Lost in Space clearly, it was'nt that But thanks though.. Ive got the original movie/tv show Lost in Space on DVD as well as the remake Thought the remake was pretty good tbh, good story.. abit crazy, but good
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenWithTPaland7of9
But hey, Sirius, or UK-Nigh****ch, you guys remember another tv-show about this boy who falls in a coma, and each episode is about this "imaginary" world inside his head?

I recall, lots of kids, in this world.. no parents, or very few adults at all, a girl, a fat boy, a lighthouse, his dad being inside the lighthouse, or someone looking like him.. and the boy got into the coma by falling down a tree..

I think I remember that one, wasn't it a Canadian show?

How many of you remember this gem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBNVp...eature=related

Or this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igmgQ...eature=related

I miss this stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-03-2010, 11:36 PM
I came across
this
in my search.

Can't say I've ever heard of it but it certainly looks interesting!!
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-03-2010, 11:41 PM
It sounds AMAZINGLY like William Hartnell Dr Who. Infact too much to be coincedence. Are you sure your memory isn't mixing and matching 2 or more shows together to form some incredibly psychadelic super sci-fi show?
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-04-2010, 02:02 AM
im not sure if it the show you mean but it sounds a little like the girl from tomorrow

it had a young girl, a round time machine, lots of time travel etc
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:

Not ringing any bells, but if I rememberanything like it I will post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossirian View Post
I think I remember that one, wasn't it a Canadian show?

How many of you remember this gem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBNVp...eature=related

Or this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igmgQ...eature=related

I miss this stuff.
ROFL! I was berated by a mate of mine who claims to be an aficianado with regard to SCiFI. Why? Because I read all of the 'TEK' books by William Shatner (all as far as I'm aware!). I do not recall ever seeing the show though.

Yes I did see 'Time Trax' - though I only vaguely remember it.

While not answering the OP directly, I have another offering for the list of shows;

Sapphire and Steel : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmhSA1gZ2Sk

I used to love it!
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-04-2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
and that walt disney film about that kid who becomes friends with an AI UFO, and travels into the future (cant remember that one atm )
|
I can't help with the rest unfortunately, but the film you are describing is: Flight of the Navigator.
The AI of the ship is voiced by Paul Reubens, AKA: Pee Wee Herman.