Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
04-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
im not sure if it the show you mean but it sounds a little like the girl from tomorrow

it had a young girl, a round time machine, lots of time travel etc
http://www.veoh.com/collection/thegi...579692Hqr3Ad54

Has (I think) every episode in full of that show. And it fits OP description fairly well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
04-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXSe View Post
And "that kid who becomes friends with an AI UFO, and travels into the future" is probably "Flight of the Navigator"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091059/
flight of the navigator was the jam!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
04-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Earth2 was definately great, mainly because it had Tim Curry in it.
I love Legend, especially because of Tim Curry's role as the Lord of Darkness. And yes, I prefer the Tangerine Dream track with it.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension...definately full of win.
Ice Pirates...love this movie. Especially with the pimp robot.
Mad Max, Road Warrior, and Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome are all classic cult films.
Of course, we can't forget films like Innerspace, Project X, and The Black Hole.
Flight of the Navigator...I was a teenager when that came out, loved it, still do.

Though I am sure this list won't help us find out what we are looking for, I enjoy sharing a small sampling of what I grew up with and still enjoy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
04-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denare View Post
I can't help with the rest unfortunately, but the film you are describing is: Flight of the Navigator.
The AI of the ship is voiced by Paul Reubens, AKA: Pee Wee Herman.
Yeah, I know, I wrote that in the same post That was just an example of one of the films/series I found from when I watched as a kid

But thanks, though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
im not sure if it the show you mean but it sounds a little like the girl from tomorrow

it had a young girl, a round time machine, lots of time travel etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK-Nigh****ch
http://www.veoh.com/collection/thegi...579692Hqr3Ad54

Has (I think) every episode in full of that show. And it fits OP description fairly well.
Nah, didnt reckognize it, but it sure looked interesting.. I might check that out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrano
Earth2 was definately great, mainly because it had Tim Curry in it.
I love Legend, especially because of Tim Curry's role as the Lord of Darkness. And yes, I prefer the Tangerine Dream track with it.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension...definately full of win.
Ice Pirates...love this movie. Especially with the pimp robot.
Mad Max, Road Warrior, and Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome are all classic cult films.
Of course, we can't forget films like Innerspace, Project X, and The Black Hole.
Flight of the Navigator...I was a teenager when that came out, loved it, still do.

Though I am sure this list won't help us find out what we are looking for, I enjoy sharing a small sampling of what I grew up with and still enjoy.
LOVELY LIST man!

Seriously, Im gonna check out all of those...

Thanks so far, guis, but cant say anything fits the tv show Im looking for..

Though, ofcourse, it MIGHT have been Dr.Who.. but I doubt it..

I started watching "Sliders" btw, and I gotta say I love that tv show I will be watching a couple of episodes of that each day now... Love how crazy theyve made the different dimensions seem, especially the historical differences.. and how green light means STOP and red light means GO in the traffic haha! So innocent and lovely!

But if anyone remembers anything that might resemble the OP request, or the one about the kid in a coma, dont hesitate to give me suggestions!

This thread has become more of a "Long Lost SCIFI movies/tvshows"-thread ...But I dont mind!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
04-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Seen whole 1. season of Sliders already Lovely tv show! I just love it! Its amazing

Kinda like Twilight Zone, with all the different worlds and different rules!

But still looking for OP request though, anyone know?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
04-12-2010, 10:16 PM
I came to this thread

I saw BeenWithTPaland7of9's avatar

At first I was like

but then I was
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
04-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenWithTPaland7of9
But hey, Sirius, or UK-Nigh****ch, you guys remember another tv-show about this boy who falls in a coma, and each episode is about this "imaginary" world inside his head?

I recall, lots of kids, in this world.. no parents, or very few adults at all, a girl, a fat boy, a lighthouse, his dad being inside the lighthouse, or someone looking like him.. and the boy got into the coma by falling down a tree..

I think this tv-show was british tbh.. but not sure.. also 1990's..
I vaguely remember something like that. It seems to ring some distant and rusty bells that no longer rings.

edit: google ftw!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ody...28TV_series%29
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
04-12-2010, 10:57 PM
For a laugh, watch the movie:

Space Truckers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
04-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius39
For a laugh, watch the movie:

Space Truckers.
**** pulse generator....square pigs....awesome
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
04-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoratusAlpha
I vaguely remember something like that. It seems to ring some distant and rusty bells that no longer rings.

edit: google ftw!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ody...28TV_series%29
OMFG!

thank you SOOOO much VoratusAlpha

Now afaik there's only one last series to find for me atm.. And thats OP series.. I can repeat:

But I have VERY few clues here.. so overbear with me

1) Im pretty sure it was british, but it might have been from another english speaking origin..

2) It was during the 90's

3) Some ROUND ship, that travelled through DIMENSIONS and TIME, as I recall it..

4) A young man, a woman, and an elderly man (some kind of leader/father-role to this young man)

5) This young man is from earth, but becomes friends with this elderly man, travells to another dimension, becomes friends with this girl.. which has this machine in her home, that removes dirt from her body in seconds.. some equivilant to our showers, but without water... She has a sister or something, not sure..

6) Lots of stuff happens, they become this team, travell to different dimensions (we're talking far out, crazy, lovely sci-fi), but still it was a B-quality to it all.. but as a kid, I didnt mind, I just loved the stories and the people in the tv show..

7) I could swear this was british, but not 100% certain.. the girl was really cute, but something awefull happened inthe tv show.. in the end, the end for me atleasty, as I didnt watch any more of it after that.. It got to the young man's attention that the elderly man/leader-guy had ill-intent, and had only pretended to be a nice/good-guy.. The young girl warned this young man about this.. but it was such a shock for him.. as he thought of himself and the elderly man as friends..

Does anyone remember this tv show?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:00 AM.