Lt. Commander
# 1 Your top 2 Doctor Whos?
04-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Who are they? Well for me Tennant is the top man. I dont think that anyone has ever portrayed a better Doctor than David Tennant. His manic energy, excentricity and all round brilliance really made the part and when I think Dr Who I think tennant.

Number two on my list has to be Tom Baker. He was brilliant and there is alot of him I think in David Tennants vision of the doctor.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Well, I think Peter Davison (the 5th Doctor) has to be my favourite; he is the Doctor I grew up with, and will probably always be the first face that comes to mind when I think about Doctor Who (I don't think I ever really forgave Colin Baker for replacing him lol :p).

My second favourite changes from time to time, but right now it would be Patrick Troughton (the 2nd Doctor). Like Sylvester McCoy's Doctor, he seemed harmless and clownish while hiding a cunning and manipulative streak a mile wide; but he had a lot more charm and flair than McCoy did. He could be a real joy to watch, despite the hammy acting, rubbish sets, and the fact that it was shot in black and white.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2010, 04:45 PM
The 10th is "MY" Doctor. I will be sad to see him go, and I'm doubtful if the new Dr will measure up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2010, 05:23 PM
I'd have to say Tennant and Tom Baker ( I met Tom Baker in the Dr Who museum that used to be in Blackpool when I was about 5 years old) my close third would be Eccleston.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2010, 05:52 PM
1985 through 1987 where tough years for me on a personal level. One of the few comforts I had in the latter part of that time was watching 'The trial of a Timelord'.

With this in mind the duo Colin Baker and Michael Jayston hold a special place in my thoughts on this matter.

"Michael Jayston never played the Doctor" I hear you cry. In a way he did though as the 'valeyard' is considered an aspect of the Doctor between his twelve and final incarnation (12* regenerate = 13 incarnations).

That said, I 'grew up with' Tom baker as the Doctor and this gives him a place from affection.

Out of the more recent line up, I thought Tennant was brilliant. Personally, I think Christopher Ecclestone had a kind of rawness to his portrayal of the Doctor.

Forced to choose, I would probably pick Tom Baker and Christopher Ecclestone as my two top actors to have played the Doctor. (Just!)

My choice is open to change though!
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Hmm... The dead ones.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-03-2010, 05:56 PM
My personal favorites are Tom Baker and Christopher Eccleston. Really wish Eccleston hadn't bailed to fast.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-03-2010, 06:02 PM
I have to say the new boy impressed me . . a bit wayward at times but on the whole not bad !

To answer the Q, Tennant then Baker !
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McItoshi View Post
I have to say the new boy impressed me . . a bit wayward at times but on the whole not bad !

To answer the Q, Tennant then Baker !

Colin or Tom?
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-04-2010, 07:27 AM
na cake . .

Colin Baker sliped my mind, I was thinking of Tom Baker