Lt. Commander
# 1 Not Happy with Trapped
04-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Just played through Trapped. I decided to be a good Captain, and go assist the other Klingons who were captured by the Hirogen. Guess what? I got in range and they shot at me!

Who cares if we're at war? In a situation like that, with a mutual enemy, why on earth wouldn't they have accepted help?

If I had been able to help the Klingons, I should have been able to hail the incoming birds of prey at the end and say, "Hey, I just rescued your men from the HIrogen!"

It's what any good Starfleet Captain would do.

Instead of a potentially rewarding mission, all I got was more pew pew.

This, and the two missions with the disguised Undine, are exactly what players are talking about when they say the game needs more diplomacy, or that it doesn't feel like Star Trek.

I, as a Captain, would never run my command this way. You need to accommodate for my style of play.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I found that quite disappointing. You walk in to see the hirogen and Klingons fighting, only to discover that both are still considered your enemies. It seems like they'd want to team up for mutual survival. Worse still was at the end, after you bring the force field down, the Klingons you just rescued are standing around on the other side of the map and quite willing to shoot at you if you stray too close.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-03-2010, 07:05 PM
It's ridiculous. Nothing like that ever happened in any Star Trek episode to my memory. The whole point to being stuck in an anomaly with an enemy was to force them to reconcile. If they didn't, they ended up wiping each other out. There was a message in that. Ironically enough, this game by a company called "Cryptic" can't even understand the subtle messages the series contained.