Lt. Commander
# 111
02-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Congrats man, very nice story
Lt. Commander
# 112 Great Job
02-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Now why didn't I think of that idea lol Good job. I hope they take up where you left off in game. Would be a fun story to explore. Good luck to all the Runner Ups!
Lt. Commander
# 113 I agree
02-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Wynn
Stories that are obviously disqualified are fine.

It is not clear if posting a currently-entered story would disqualify one for being a (in this case 2nd place) winner. Perhaps Awen could clear that up, thanks in advance.

If in doubt, I'd suggest not posting just yet.
I too would like to hear more from dev's.
Lt. Commander
# 114
02-15-2009, 01:15 PM
We'll know more about the unstated criteria that Cryptic used to judge the entries in this contest (in addition to the four stated criteria) once they release the runner-up entries.

But I think we can already see something interesting in Thalasi's winning entry. Read it closely -- do you notice how there's really very little there that's specific to Star Trek?

One of the virtues of Thalasi's entry is that someone who's new to Star Trek could read that, whether as a work of creative writing or a contest entry or even as an actual bit of content in Star Trek Online, and not be left shaking their head wondering what the heck's going on. There's no "treknobabble" at all.

Which means that it's a lot more welcoming to a broad audience than a piece that uses a lot of the technical jargon that a hardcore fan of Star Trek would be familiar with and enjoy.

Again, once the runner-up entries are released we'll see whether that was really something important to those who judged this contest's entries, or if I'm using one data point to perceive a pattern that's not really there.

In the meantime, just something to think about. Congratulations, Thalasi!

--Flatfingers
Lt. Commander
# 115
02-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Congratulations, Thalasi! Nicely done!
Lt. Commander
# 116
02-15-2009, 07:29 PM
gratz! A good read for sure, you definitely deserve it.
Lt. Commander
# 117
02-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Congratulations to Thalasi! Great story. I can tell he put a lot of effort into it and the final result is a great read. Awesome job and congrats on your beta slot, man!
Lt. Commander
# 118
02-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Congratulations, Thalasi!

You managed to combine dramatic action with a little bit of philosophical/ethical consideration. Very Trek, that! Well done.

Do us proud during the beta test by helping to squash any bugs you may find!

Cheers,

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 119 Congratulations
02-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Congratulations on the win. Of course I'm a little dissapointed that mine didn't win, but that takes nothing away from a well told morality tale. Nice tie in with Trek philosophy and Starfleet Academy.
Lt. Commander
How many times did I have to rework to get in that 500 word limit OH man. Gratz on your beta spot and the like. May the Shwartz be with you.
Closed Thread