Lt. Commander
# 21
04-07-2010, 01:27 PM
i still think that the easyest way as opose to attempting to develop a whole bunch of new stuff is just take the ground combat mechanics and apply them to space...

wen you push the button, your ship graphically splits apart and then you still have 1 ship but then 2 followers, it'd be the same mechanics/ai control as you + 2 bridge officers during an away mission, you know how the bridge officers do thier own thing while still following your orders, and you can tell them to be passive, or agressive, and attack my target, or "go to location", and if 1 dies it dies till you or another bridge officer revives them

pretty much take ground combat and substitute the graphics of people for starship sections....
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
i still think that the easyest way as opose to attempting to develop a whole bunch of new stuff is just take the ground combat mechanics and apply them to space...

wen you push the button, your ship graphically splits apart and then you still have 1 ship but then 2 followers, it'd be the same mechanics/ai control as you + 2 bridge officers during an away mission, you know how the bridge officers do thier own thing while still following your orders, and you can tell them to be passive, or agressive, and attack my target, or "go to location", and if 1 dies it dies till you or another bridge officer revives them

pretty much take ground combat and substitute the graphics of people for starship sections....
I supposee that would be the cheap (IE: Cryptic) way to do it. but your ships won't fly in some cool formation or anything like that. I still prefer my lose-control-of-ship-for-a-bit-while-MVAM-manouver-executes.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
I supposee that would be the cheap (IE: Cryptic) way to do it. but your ships won't fly in some cool formation or anything like that. I still prefer my lose-control-of-ship-for-a-bit-while-MVAM-manouver-executes.
they'd fly in roughly the same formation as ground groups, (i.e. 1 ship 1 side, 1 ship the other side, both slightly behind the middle person (you )

the lose control of ship idea is an interesting concept... but i think the general populace would rather keep control of thier ship at all times... i mean how would you feel if every time you fire a torpedo you lose control for 10 seconds =/ it's not fun.. especiall if the torpedo hits in the first 2 seconds, and the ships warpcore explodes at seoncd 9, you get your ship back just in time to decide which angled youd like to be at as your get hit with warp core explodyness o.o;

people generally don't like losing complete control.. it makes them feel unsafe (thats why people hate holds so much, because they can't do anything(i.e. lose control ) ) they're more likely to choose something where they only lose partial control (i.e. they use 2/3rds control of thier ship, but they don't even notice it because technicly they never controlled those 2/3rds to begin with ) as opose to a full lose of control.

but hey, i could be entirely wrong on what the people want... we could always bring it in the general forum and see what peoples response is...
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Making it a skill, like attack patter whatever or high yield, seems like the right approach to me.

So you hit the Multi-Vector Assault skill button. You have to be within, say, two kilometers of a target. The ship goes through a 30 second animation during which it splits, hits three of the four facings of the target with beam overload, then recombines.

During this time, you can activate other powers, but have no control over movement. Your three-part ship is still one unit sharing shield strength and hit points. If it is destroyed before it recombines, all three parts explode (doing no more damage than one warp core breach, to be fair), and you respawn.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-08-2010, 07:38 PM
I think tactical officers can get a multi-vector assault mode thing, it could be a skill.
Engineers could get the emergency saucer seperation.
The science ships could get that hull boost thing they had in voyager.
Multi vector would only last until 1 piece is destroyed, where then you cannot fuse back, and RUNNNNN!!!
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Making it a skill, like attack patter whatever or high yield, seems like the right approach to me.

So you hit the Multi-Vector Assault skill button. You have to be within, say, two kilometers of a target. The ship goes through a 30 second animation during which it splits, hits three of the four facings of the target with beam overload, then recombines.

During this time, you can activate other powers, but have no control over movement. Your three-part ship is still one unit sharing shield strength and hit points. If it is destroyed before it recombines, all three parts explode (doing no more damage than one warp core breach, to be fair), and you respawn.
OK, That is a great idea too!
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-13-2010, 03:05 PM
well, these are all good ideas and i do enjoy them.. only 1 question, how can you incorperate them in game with the gamng engine we have. will it be economical?

pretty much we want something that'll be easy to implement and add onto what is already existing, preferably we don't want to be creating a whole bunch of brand new script/coding , it's just not economical =/ and it ties up the devs while they could be doing something else.

so new quesion, how do you think we should implement the various ideas?
i.e. maybe taking some already established skills tweaking them a little bit, maybe combining them and adding a few little graphic changes?
or maybe out reaching to the community to see if they can come up with some coding ideas? etc etc?

pretty much, ,from a dev point of view, how would you create/implement multi-vectoring?
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
well, these are all good ideas and i do enjoy them.. only 1 question, how can you incorperate them in game with the gamng engine we have. will it be economical?

pretty much we want something that'll be easy to implement and add onto what is already existing, preferably we don't want to be creating a whole bunch of brand new script/coding , it's just not economical =/ and it ties up the devs while they could be doing something else.

so new quesion, how do you think we should implement the various ideas?
i.e. maybe taking some already established skills tweaking them a little bit, maybe combining them and adding a few little graphic changes?
or maybe out reaching to the community to see if they can come up with some coding ideas? etc etc?

pretty much, ,from a dev point of view, how would you create/implement multi-vectoring?
my idea is taking existing coding and just adding new graphics... i.e. taking the ground bridge officer coding/following and just converting it from a person graphic to a ship graphic ^_^.
makes sense, takes all of 1 day to apple the graphic changes and can even be just a small foot note in the weekly updates...
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-10-2010, 03:19 PM
i think the multi-vectoring system is a great idea but just putting it on just the Prometheus class variants is good but also have it put on the galaxy class variants aswell