Lt. Commander
# 11
04-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcian_Darkrobe View Post
What do I say to this, and all the bs nerfs, bugs etc? Account Cancelled, I'd refuse to pay for junk. Let me know when you get your crap straight, and I might be back, but I doubt I'll buy another game from any of these companies associated w/ STO.
Good riddance.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserhawk View Post
Oh noes, they toned down my op power!
I have to laugh at comments like this.

How is Cloak OP? If there were absolutely no way to counter it, I might agree. Since there are a few ways to counter cloak via abilities/tactics, I tend to take comments like this as the whining of some noob who got owned in a PvP match.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
I have to laugh at comments like this.

How is Cloak OP? If there were absolutely no way to counter it, I might agree. Since there are a few ways to counter cloak via abilities/tactics, I tend to take comments like this as the whining of some noob who got owned in a PvP match.
Cloak isn't really counterable actually. Battle cloak, yes, if the BOP recloaks within 5km or there is a sci/sci around then they can be in trouble.

However pre-fight cloak is really not counterable at all, unless the KDF gets careless. If they want to sit cloaked, they can do it indefinitely and there is nothing the Feds can do except wait.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-05-2010, 07:54 AM
I maxed my Kling a couple weeks ago, so I've been playing my initial Fed more to start to bring it up, and I'm surprised how easy it is to take out battle cloak.

Several times I've been after a BoP, and it will battle cloak near me, I just pop Sensor Scan, and more often than not it makes them visible long enough for me to target and one volley with them cloaked(no shields), and "POOF". Which I then follow up in chat with "Sorry Brother", for blowing away a fellow Kling while cloaked, doubt they know what I mean, lol...
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
However pre-fight cloak is really not counterable at all, unless the KDF gets careless. If they want to sit cloaked, they can do it indefinitely and there is nothing the Feds can do except wait.
Complete rubbish,
Invest in skill points and sci consoles and you can detect cloak from a good distance followed by high yield quantums while there still cloaked.(but don't know you have spotted them).

Also if a BOP battlecloaks you get about 3 seconds where you can fire torps which alot of the time do hit.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
(but don't know you have spotted them).
You'd be surprised at how many ships have cannons/turrets/weapons set to autofire. Lots of times, I get too close and their guns start autofiring one me....but by the time the guns start firing and the captain figures out what his ship was actually shooting at, I've moved off...
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaSux View Post
You'd be surprised at how many ships have cannons/turrets/weapons set to autofire. Lots of times, I get too close and their guns start autofiring one me....but by the time the guns start firing and the captain figures out what his ship was actually shooting at, I've moved off...
The only time i use auto fire is on my rear Quantum torp and i always have high yield activated so if it does autofire it will cause alot of damage to an uncloaked ship.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by petie86 View Post
Complete rubbish,
Invest in skill points and sci consoles and you can detect cloak from a good distance followed by high yield quantums while there still cloaked.(but don't know you have spotted them).

Also if a BOP battlecloaks you get about 3 seconds where you can fire torps which alot of the time do hit.

Any experienced Klingon won't get close enough for your detection to matter, period. That is the problem with cloak detection, it is easily defeated, no matter how many points you have in sensors because they can just stay past 5-10k until they are ready to attack.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Any experienced Klingon won't get close enough for your detection to matter, period. That is the problem with cloak detection, it is easily defeated, no matter how many points you have in sensors because they can just stay past 5-10k until they are ready to attack.

I have detected someone at 16km many times

also effective range of cannons is within 5km so if you detect at 9.9 km and fire, it has broken up there first strike advantage aswell as your own beam weapons being more effective than there cannons at that range.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-05-2010, 05:04 PM
There is no way to detect them past 5-6km outside of a sensor stacked science ship with full power to aux using sensor scan though. 16km indeed. That means for 15s out of every 90s you MIGHT detect something. Its overall entirely pointless.

The cannon range issue is also irrelevant, because by Tier 5, they can easily close the gap in a few seconds. I play a Klingon, I have no qualms about opening up at 10km. Heck with the damage the way it is now, it means I can load up a high yield, fire torpedoes and by the time they get there the target's shields are down.