Lt. Commander
# 41
04-12-2010, 05:06 PM
And I want VM and Subnuc to keep people sitting dead in the water without a prayer... oh... wait. I like the way that I've experienced it working so far. If someone want to try to battle cloak in the middle of a group or even in range then the opponent deserves a chance to get to pew pew pwn them. That just my opinion though.
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-13-2010, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellir View Post
Battle cloak in a BOP is screwed up now. I never make it out alive. I am in a little ship. I can not last against three or four hitting me all at the same time. That was the whole reason why i went BOP. Now that ship is of little use to me and I will be respecing to a Raptor.

Time to go play my Fed.
The problem seems to be an underlying issue with the combat engine in general.

It might be particularly notable with cloak, but Phasers and Torpedoes will also still hit you if you leave the weapon range and the weapon is still travelling or the beam/cannon is still in its firing cycle. Beams typically consist of a cycle of 4 beams. If you leave range or get cloaked during this time, the cycle will continue and keep targeting you.

It also happens when you warp in an Enemy Contact Mission - you'll see how beams and torpedoes (from those enemies camping at spawn point) follow as you go to warp.

The other issue at work clearly is the insane amount of damage that often hits you in PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcian_Darkrobe View Post
I get decloaked by ANY damage/ability used while phasing to cloak, or if initiated before fully phased. 100% of the time. So yes, that's what I'm upset about. If it was a " just move to 10km, then cloak " then WTF have the darned thing in the 1st place? Any KDF (other than carrier) can do exactly the same thing. Thus, I ask, why does the BoP have -1 BO slots, if BC doesn't work? Is it because they are Omni only, or because the Omni + BC? If it's because of both, I think they need to evaluate that, and give us something that works 100% of the time, instead of this farce.
BC became a lot weaker since the patch but it doesnt work THAT bad for me. And i almost always have low auxilary (most of the energy is at weapons systems). So you might have some kind of bug?
Have you tried (just for testing) using one of the lower tier bops and does it happen there too?
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserhawk View Post
Oh noes, they toned down my op power!
When Klingons are able to fire with cloaking enabled, I'll agree it's overpowered. Since they can't, cloaking is not overpowered whatsoever.

Learn how to play and how to counter cloak and then come back and say its overpowered.