Lt. Commander
# 1 Tyken's Rift III?
04-04-2010, 11:27 AM
As far as I know, you need a rare BO to get this ability. Is this really true?
I am already at RA 5 and so won't be getting any more BOs. Is there any other way I can get this ability? Unfortunately, I don't have a billion energy credits to spend on the exchange for one...
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2010, 01:20 PM
well.....?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Correct. Maxing Spatial Anomaly gives you Gravity Well III.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Take your time searching the Exchange. I got one for 50k the other day, but I had to go about 40 pages deep to find it. I know there were others in the 100k range, just be patient and keep shopping.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2010, 02:57 PM
It's worth finding, if you get it, train in it, and get the consoles for it you can get a drain of over 120. I have a drain of 121 and I don't even have it maxed out (Just mostly). How much you put into aux effects it, and how much you have trained effects how much the ratio from aux to drain is, whether its 1 to 1 or above (Or below if you don't optimize at all).

It's a difficult skill to use properly though, practice in PvE a lot, as you will find the timing is... different than you might expect. How long it can keep a ships systems down can also depend on how much you can drain, as the drain is progressive over time, so the more you can drain the faster it happens and the longer systems will be down before the rift dissolves. I've seen a lot of people use this skill poorly, including on me, so I never gave it much of a chance before, but decided to give it another look after the EPS nerf and the prodding of a friend and it's quite good, when used properly, in both PvE and PvP.