Lt. Commander
# 1 Dates on Risa ..!!
03-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Maybe this will look little bit weird, but I believe that fans of Star Trek would love this idea, to turn Risa to a real place where you can meet new interesting people and date … after all it was always known as the "pleasure planet", and most of the episodes toke place at Risa were romantic in nature.
I think there are a lot of places online for every type of people to do just that, based on ethnics, cultures and believes, so why not have our own Star Trek dating planet …
That’s would be something to admire, this is just a suggestion and I would love to see what you think about it …
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2010, 01:05 PM
LOL interesting
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2010, 01:08 PM
well signed i like that idea would be more fun then a empty planet with random walking NPCs on it
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2010, 01:23 PM
No chance.

This is Star Trek, not Second Life, IMVU [Insert stupid online social game] with the 'ADULT' content.

I can easily see CBS throwing an epic fit if Cryptic dared to even go that way. Least of all because a Certificate 18 STO cuts off the fanbase and would bring in major flak for it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
No chance.

This is Star Trek, not Second Life, IMVU [Insert stupid online social game] with the 'ADULT' content.

I can easily see CBS throwing an epic fit if Cryptic dared to even go that way. Least of all because a Certificate 18 STO cuts off the fanbase and would bring in major flak for it.

so much for thinking out of the box ...
I guess this sum it up ...

thanks J ...
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Ah yes the cultural decline.

Dating is suddenly adult content.

BTW you can already go on Dates on Risa.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Star Wars Galaxies allows players to marry and even has rings they can wear. I don't see a problem with putting more social type things in game.

I'm not saying it needs to become a singles service, just in game kinda stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-26-2010, 08:56 PM
The problem with this idea is that we can be "social" any where in the game. It's called zone chat. All of the social locations in the game at the moment are ghost towns because there is not -anything- to do there. The dabo game at DS9 is a good start but until all the social locations have interesting things to do then this idea won't work. The concept is interesting, but if implemented poorly would be a drama filled disaster. Perhaps it could be a place to find someone to play the game with instead. What happens after that is nobody's business.

I think gone are the days where fun guild or player sponsored events are over... at least in STO. Other than perhaps a fleet getting together, I haven't heard of a single social event in STO since I've been here. Maybe some should be planned.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzif View Post
Maybe this will look little bit weird, but I believe that fans of Star Trek would love this idea, to turn Risa to a real place where you can meet new interesting people and date … after all it was always known as the "pleasure planet", and most of the episodes toke place at Risa were romantic in nature.
I think there are a lot of places online for every type of people to do just that, based on ethnics, cultures and believes, so why not have our own Star Trek dating planet …
That’s would be something to admire, this is just a suggestion and I would love to see what you think about it …
I like your general idea...but I think Risa should be an all inclusive social area. I mean if you find a nice trekkie lady then great, but making it a "date planet" might be a bit much.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-27-2010, 02:59 AM
I would never goto Risa to 'date' as I doubt medical has enough anti-biotics for what you'll catch.

But making it a place to exchange socially? Well we have to gather somewhere..

No one's in club 47's lounge...

Only 1-2 random people jump off the upper floor at Quarks...

Most ( including myself ) disable zone from the gold-farmers, and where's Sulu every 5 minutes..

And not everyone has access to the new Captains lounge.