Lt. Commander
# 11
04-05-2010, 01:11 PM
You feel like your heal is 'weaker' because of the way items now have a 30 second shared cool down. People are more hesitant to pop a hypo to full health because doing so at an unwise time could mean their death shortly after. So, PVPers tend to wait until the very last moment before using hypos now. Therefore, you, a healer, may find yourself having to do more work because everyone else is purposefully holding out on healing themselves with hypos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime
Thanks for the responses, guys.

On to my kit. First, I thought my heals did cure exposes pre-patch? Maybe that was just coincidence, but I thought I saw them falling off.
Yes, those skills did remove exposes pre-patch but what good is an expose-removing skill when the actual expose status paralyzed you into a hold status for 6 seconds in which you cannot use any skills at all. After the update, holds were removed from exposes, so medic kit users can now freely and instantly cure exposes off of themselves when it happens.

Quote:
but I'm not sure I like the idea of running in first.
Yes this is exactly what I'm saying. As a medic kit tank, you should be the first to run in because technically, you have the most survivability out of your team due to the medic kit. It does wonders for your team if you know what you're doing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgery
You feel like your heal is 'weaker' because of the way items now have a 30 second shared cool down. People are more hesitant to pop a hypo to full health because doing so at an unwise time could mean their death shortly after. So, PVPers tend to wait until the very last moment before using hypos now. Therefore, you, a healer, may find yourself having to do more work because everyone else is purposefully holding out on healing themselves with hypos.

Yes, those skills did remove exposes pre-patch but what good is an expose-removing skill when the actual expose status paralyzed you into a hold status for 6 seconds in which you cannot use any skills at all. After the update, holds were removed from exposes, so medic kit users can now freely and instantly cure exposes off of themselves when it happens.

Yes this is exactly what I'm saying. As a medic kit tank, you should be the first to run in because technically, you have the most survivability out of your team due to the medic kit. It does wonders for your team if you know what you're doing.
Oh I see the connection there with healing vs. items. That should have clicked for me- I apologize. It wouldn't be so bad if Feds actually bailed out when they were low so they could recover their shields. Some of them just stand there dumbstruck.

I never realized there was a connection between exposes and holds, so I'll be secretly thankful for that, haha.

If Medics are the new PvP tank, what good are Engineers? Are they also PvP tanks? Maybe now more than ever a decent premade makeup is what it's going to take to win? I should just go back to my original Operative, haha.

On a side note, I started playing my Orion today. The queues were pretty terrible so I went to the cluster. My first mission bugged out. I lol'd and went to class. I'll keep at it, though. I wish the queue menu wasn't such a mess.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgery

I am still not entirely convinced this is the case. Something honestly feels out of whack about the whole damage thing. I don't know if crits are working different (I have one shot someone with a Pulse Rifle crit from behind in this new system) or if resists are wonky...but something definitely feels different when it comes to survivability, and it just isn't the hypo changes.

My gut is telling me that resists are not working as they should, but it could easily be a slight change in the crit mechanic...which would also explain why damage feels higher to some people.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Oh I see the connection there with healing vs. items. That should have clicked for me- I apologize. It wouldn't be so bad if Feds actually bailed out when they were low so they could recover their shields. Some of them just stand there dumbstruck.

I never realized there was a connection between exposes and holds, so I'll be secretly thankful for that, haha.

If Medics are the new PvP tank, what good are Engineers? Are they also PvP tanks? Maybe now more than ever a decent premade makeup is what it's going to take to win? I should just go back to my original Operative, haha.

On a side note, I started playing my Orion today. The queues were pretty terrible so I went to the cluster. My first mission bugged out. I lol'd and went to class. I'll keep at it, though. I wish the queue menu wasn't such a mess.
Engineers are still awesome tanks and if using the proper abilities, have a chance to expose those who fire on them. They also don't really have to sacrifice their offensive support in order to do their tanking (though turret damage is insane on the scoreboards). So both engy and science make good tanks, but science have the potential to last longer due to expose clears and nearly infinite health.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrishmal View Post
(though turret damage is insane on the scoreboards).
The only thing that eats through shields quicker than full auto sweep is a turret. They're scary.

Which makes Shanty Town so much more engaging and fun.