Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Klingons are not in any way more powerfull than feds. But yet the only special ship we have is the carrier and you nerf if to uselessnes!! WHY?? We have no usable science ship except the BOP and it isnt worth using as a science ship cause it wont last long enough to use the damn science skills. The carrier is the only ship with more than a lieutenant science BO spot and its useless for that since it turns like a damn train!! FIX THIS **** OR YOUR GONNA LOSE ALOT OF CLIENTS!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2010, 11:01 PM
You need to define "a lot" when you say they're going to lose a lot of clients.

It would seem that there are more federation players than klingon players. And so I think the federation players are happy with the state of the game being perceived as pro-federation.

Then there's the klingon players. Who seem to be somewhat miffed at the recent changes to carriers. But there are still quite a few klingon players more than happy to keep flying their BoPs and using the new cannon changes and tactical skills to tear up the federation ships like a bat'leth through butter.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2010, 11:40 PM
the majority of us Klingons think the carrier is a very cool ship, just not very flyable. While I haven't flown one my understanding is that the "Fighter wing" is pretty much uncontrollable even though its a really big tough ship. It gives up two weapon slots to pack the fighters compared to other t-5 ships and generally lack punch.. though it does have an utterly phenominal number of BO slots for a klingon, much less a fed.

Very low manuverability, (and it was that way to begin with)

The carrier was always a real limited use ship. It supposed to be the centerpiece of a group and provide support to other ships.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Eh, t turns slow and can be sluggish in general, but use power settings effectively and you can get some decent maneuvering out of it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-05-2010, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pache
Klingons are not in any way more powerfull than feds. But yet the only special ship we have is the carrier and you nerf if to uselessnes!! WHY?? We have no usable science ship except the BOP and it isnt worth using as a science ship cause it wont last long enough to use the damn science skills. The carrier is the only ship with more than a lieutenant science BO spot and its useless for that since it turns like a damn train!! FIX THIS **** OR YOUR GONNA LOSE ALOT OF CLIENTS!!
Have you checked around you? They already have lost a crap load of Klingon accts.

As for the carrier, It isnt nerfed they fixed a bug. I would agree that its not as good as it was when you could spam the fighters. And Ill say the stuff you can launch now needs to be bumped up to give it more teeth.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-05-2010, 01:42 AM
The carrier in its current state is rediculously useless. They need to give it another engineering BO and atleast 2 more launch slots to give it 4. Why make the biggest and least maneuverable ship a science ship? It makes no sense. most science abilities require a targetting arc....well the damn thing doesnt turn well so your melted before you can engage.

This game is junk and i wont be renewing my account. The carrier is really the least of the problems that plague this game right now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pache
most science abilities require a targetting arc....
Those tend to be the offense based abilities. Not so much the support ones. So the indirect assumption here is that the carrier is more suited for the support based science abilities that do not have the targeting arc. Not really Viral Matrix for the carrier. More ... Science Team.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Check out the carrier forums for help on makeing the Carrier effective in PvP. The change (fixed an exploit that they earlier said wasn't one, have lost the link but they did say carreirs were working as intended) has simply caused some fairly minor adjustments to loadout etc. In short its just getting the hang of it, once you do its fantastic fun to fly and can turn the tide of any battle on offence or Defence. I personally have all 4 BG5 ships all kitted out but use the carrier for ALL PvP, its almost unstoppable in most situations.

True its a bit slow for PvE grinding but given its BG ship only that isnt too much of a problem
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-05-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm not flying a carrier myself, but since this bug is "Fixed" I heared that absolutley everybody with a carrier I met in the game and a major part of people here in the Forum are ****ed about the changes, so the Players are defenetly NOT satisfied with the way the Ship works.

And for me I can say: Before the Patch came i always was happy seeing a Carrier when I arrived in a Game, it was a lot more fun having one of those with me.
Now, everytime I see a carrier in a game, Espacially in Arena I thing "Crap, a unclokable Stone. Food for the Fedball, we'll loose"

I remember very well that A few players reportet Tickets twords the Fact that the Carrier spawned so much, and the Response always was "The Carrier works EXACTLY the we he is supposed to work", so when did that suddenly turn to a "Bug" or "Exploit"?
And to those who mean "Dont rely on the pets use the "other" Carrier abiltys.
It is a CARRIER wich purpose it is to CARRIE and launch ships and thats HIS Ability. Serieously EIGHT hunters cant be what a Carrier is for, 8 Hunters would even fit into a Bird of Prey. If you dont rely on pets, wich you obiously cant do anymore, the Carrier is useless I thing.

On the other hand: I have a friend with a carrier who told me that he often did the Infectet-space-part solo with a carrier to farm the Items. So it MIGHT have been a little overpowered. But its to weak now.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-05-2010, 03:43 PM
The only issue with the Carrier that really needs to be fixed is the turn rate, and it's a quality of life thing more than a balance concern. As long as Carriers are the only dedicated Sci ship available to the Klingons, they'll have a place in the fleet. The bug fix certainly lowered their relative power, but it's not like they're useless now. They still have good situational damage output, very strong shields and hull, and a very good mix of BOff stations.