*Birds of Prey take down my Cruisers shields in 2 seconds*
*pewpewpew*
*Hull is gone in 4 seconds*
*Klinks winning*

Cryptic, you notice a pattern here?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2010, 02:39 AM
The pattern is ? that you are new to pvp and your team lacked coordination ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-05-2010, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
The pattern is ? that you are new to pvp and your team lacked coordination ?
You must be new to STO and your thinking process has failed to see the big picture; if so much is wrong with STO why would you think the PvP factions would be balanced.

Oh, you thought you were that good.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2010, 06:37 AM
LOL ... yes i also noticed the same problem.. (both of them) .. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-05-2010, 06:49 AM
You won with the Klinks because The average klink is good, and the average Fed is bad.
You Lost as Fed because the average Klink is good, and the average Fed is bad...
If you want to winlay Klink
If you want to get better: Play Fed
Otherwise complain on the forums.

I'm a fed and I got owned in pvp at first, then I made a new character and decided to get to admiral with only pvp to see what it was like for the Klinks. I now do massive damage and healing and my team wins as long as there is some somewhat decent people on the team. I LEARNED, not COMPLAINED.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-05-2010, 06:51 AM
Honestly, I've found that it seems like much a higher percentage of KDF players will just leave the match if it goes badly than Feds. I rarely see Feds leave a match when its going badly, but if a match is going badly for the KDF, you can almost guarantee one or more will quit. Feds are used to losing, maybe even expect to lose, but if the coin gets flipped, a lot of KDF players just can't take the heat and will simply quit.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Honestly, I've found that it seems like much a higher percentage of KDF players will just leave the match if it goes badly than Feds. I rarely see Feds leave a match when its going badly, but if a match is going badly for the KDF, you can almost guarantee one or more will quit. Feds are used to losing, maybe even expect to lose, but if the coin gets flipped, a lot of KDF players just can't take the heat and will simply quit.
I don't have extensive PVP experience but this is more of what I've seen as well. In fact, it's frustrating to see just how often we Feds will simply suicide to get it over with. Leaving doesn't do anything for us and in the past it has tended to take long for us to get into matches.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-05-2010, 07:06 AM
You always ought to stay when outnumbered, in my view, simply because whilst you mght get endlessly killed it's only a few minutes out of your life and you are at least providing target practise for the opposition. If everyone bugged out when they saw the wind was against them PvP would die, and I don't want that.

Some serious thought applied to PvP by Cryptic wouldn't go amiss - ie watch some real PvP battles (quite a lot of them in fact), record the combat logs for number crunching if needed, and with sufficient data it ought to be possible to see if their are imbalances that need to be addressed. Maybe then people wouldn't feel the need to bail. Even the numbers up too - 2 of us (klink) v 5 feds for a while yesterday, for example, wasn't that much fun but having had a few matches where the feds were really torn apart it seemed fair to stick around to be shot down for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan_chShran View Post
As an Andorian in the Federation:

*pewpewpew*
*massive broadsides fail to DENT the Klink carrier*
I don't know what you are flying but I suggest that you visit the forum section dealing with your ship of choice and see if you can improve it.

I love the posts that insist (in the way that only teenage boys can) that the Klingons are better than Starfleet. Do I undego brain surgery when I switch sides?
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Klinks play for the win

Feds play for the kills.

I learned the basics as a fed, I learned to pvp as a Klink. Simple, they co-ordinate more readily, the help each other more willingly, they level in pvp and that means they want the match over and your sorry carcasses dead asap so they can get to the next match and carry on levelling.

If Klingons had the same level of PvE content, would they win as often as they do? No.

If every match was premade both sides would they win as much? No.

If Feds levelled the same way Klingons do, would they lose as often? No.

Spotting the pattern here?

Everyone yells about imbalance, of course there is, but it's not equipment it's culture.