Lt. Commander
# 11
04-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luepert View Post
You won with the Klinks because The average klink is good, and the average Fed is bad.
You Lost as Fed because the average Klink is good, and the average Fed is bad...
If you want to winlay Klink
If you want to get better: Play Fed
Otherwise complain on the forums.

I'm a fed and I got owned in pvp at first, then I made a new character and decided to get to admiral with only pvp to see what it was like for the Klinks. I now do massive damage and healing and my team wins as long as there is some somewhat decent people on the team. I LEARNED, not COMPLAINED.
Your assessment has all the markings of a wow kiddie comparing horde to alliance. There are plenty of good federation players who pvp, in fact the average for both is just that, average.

As a owner of a RA5 and BG5, the later of which did many KvK pvp I can tell you the pvp game content is as broken and lackluster in design as the pve content. No amount of fanboism can alter the truth of this.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWulf
Klinks play for the win

Feds play for the kills.

I learned the basics as a fed, I learned to pvp as a Klink. Simple, they co-ordinate more readily, the help each other more willingly, they level in pvp and that means they want the match over and your sorry carcasses dead asap so they can get to the next match and carry on levelling.

If Klingons had the same level of PvE content, would they win as often as they do? No.

If every match was premade both sides would they win as much? No.

If Feds levelled the same way Klingons do, would they lose as often? No.

Spotting the pattern here?

Everyone yells about imbalance, of course there is, but it's not equipment it's culture.
Well I have come from a long line of MMO's that all I ever did was pvp in them. I brought that experience with me to STO. It does appear to me that Fed are only interested in the kills. Kills don't win the game in Salvage Operations, holding space does. In Arena space kills win the game.

Of course any out numbered matches can cause a win or lose on either side. Sometimes the Klingons can be out numbered by as many as 4 players and win the game. Not always though. What will happen where a large salvage operation is Fed heavy ended in players the game will run longer because we have a more even team with less Klingon's and more Feds. Many games I am in when fed have 4 more players than Klingon's the game takes much longer.

Then there are the fed complainers in the run because Klingon's are down 4 people it is our fault that the game is taking longer because Feds are there for the kills and the klingons are out numbered and are having a hard time holding space in salvage operations. If at that moment the feds would start holding more space or even some space at all the game would then move faster.

Sometimes the blame is really the ones complaining about the blame.

Or better yet, the Feds asking the Klingon's to surrender the game, well that's not going to happen and we run the game down until we lose fair and square.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73
Your assessment has all the markings of a wow kiddie comparing horde to alliance. There are plenty of good federation players who pvp, in fact the average for both is just that, average.

As a owner of a RA5 and BG5, the later of which did many KvK pvp I can tell you the pvp game content is as broken and lackluster in design as the pve content. No amount of fanboism can alter the truth of this.
Actually, never played WoW in my life. I believe that if there is an advantage, it can be overcome by skill, so I learned, If my teams wins, it's usually because I carry them becasue they are not as experienced. If Fed's pvped more they would be better. It's more about practice and teamwork. I don't see where the pvp is broken (besides the queue system). It's just experienced vs. non-experienced. Feds can easily beat Klinks if they are better.
http://s930.photobucket.com/albums/a...=STOSSPVP1.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-05-2010, 08:16 AM
im definately not new to space pvp and i did stacks of it in swg

and i have been trying out the kilnk side to see if theres a difference

well one your ships are better than fed ships way overpowered and more manoevarable

2 i have been also doing wargames as a klink against klinks and in my starter ship i can bam 3 levels above me and hardly take any damage

you cant do this on fed side beleive me

so i say nerf the klinks ships and nerf that pesky cloak

stop the pvp ganking and make the pvp into a decent game say one on one battles then we would see who the better player was
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax73

I still that the experience with PvP is relevant and a benefit for Klingons. But imbalances will probably rarely be admitted by the "winning" side if they exist. I mean, who would want to readily admit and accept that it's not his superior skills and rather this superior ship?
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonbull1

well one your ships are better than fed ships way overpowered and more manoevarable

2 i have been also doing wargames as a klink against klinks and in my starter ship i can bam 3 levels above me and hardly take any damage

stop the pvp ganking and make the pvp into a decent game say one on one battles then we would see who the better player was
If the cloak ever gets nerfed the game is over.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-05-2010, 09:37 AM
The funny thing about pvp in this game is the defense abilities are nerfed and the attack abilities can stack. This causes the whole I am weaker than you scenario that makes people believe something needs to be nerfed. Perhaps something does need a nerf, however, since in all of Star Trek Cloak is a basic trait of Klingon's and Romulan's for that matter and not of Star Fleet. Why would STO nerf it?

The feds whole nerf cloak is like the World of ******** Alliance asking Shaman to be nerfed. Blizzard never did listen to the Alliance until after they gave alliance the Shaman....... So while you want to see cloak nerfed down the line you may get cloak and then Cryptic will nerf it and yet again you will be complaining about Cloak.

There are a tremendous amount of good Fed teams out there that can win every pvp match out there against the klingon's and bet they would tell you Cloak is a minor issue in their strategy.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Honestly, I've found that it seems like much a higher percentage of KDF players will just leave the match if it goes badly than Feds. I rarely see Feds leave a match when its going badly, but if a match is going badly for the KDF, you can almost guarantee one or more will quit. Feds are used to losing, maybe even expect to lose, but if the coin gets flipped, a lot of KDF players just can't take the heat and will simply quit.
Not sure I agree with this - there are quitters on both sides and the reasons are not always obvious.

I know one thing, in an uneven match it is a lot easier for a Klingon to leave than a Fed. The Klingon ques are much shorter, and it is much easier for the Klingon to find a more balanced game quickly than it is for a Fed.

It is an inequality, and it sucks, but it is hard to ask a player to spend a great deal of time in an unbalanced match when they can easily find a better match to play quickly.

I don't fault players for leaving matches. There are many possible reasons for it, and unless the reason is stated, we can only assume the reasons and assuming the rational of other players can be a fine line towards insanity.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonbull1

What is a klink? you mean Kling?
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksided View Post
Not sure I agree with this - there are quitters on both sides and the reasons are not always obvious.

I know one thing, in an uneven match it is a lot easier for a Klingon to leave than a Fed. The Klingon ques are much shorter, and it is much easier for the Klingon to find a more balanced game quickly than it is for a Fed.

It is an inequality, and it sucks, but it is hard to ask a player to spend a great deal of time in an unbalanced match when they can easily find a better match to play quickly.

I don't fault players for leaving matches. There are many possible reasons for it, and unless the reason is stated, we can only assume the reasons and assuming the rational of other players can be a fine line towards insanity.
dark you brting up some valid points here bud . However I think feds have really fast ques now as well I usually get 10+ game sin a night where before i would be lucky to get 3. I think quitters on both sides (not LD or family emergency type stuff just "we are losing I quit) need to be buffed with a deserter buff so no queing for some time.
Its usually the same type of players that do those things too. The same ones that call people exploiters and hackers in zonechat when they do not understand how to beat the enemy.