Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
For those that do not know it:
Recently all science console values were halved.

What at least some of you might not know:
All old cosoles stayed at the original values.

This has a huge impact on PvP because players that own the old consoles now basicly have twice the number of console slots.

The consoles were nerfed for balancing reasons which imho was a good change, but it is not acceptable that the old consoles stayed at the original values because this completely destroys any balance between new and old players. Every player starting this game now is gimped by default now.

For the sake of balanced PvP the old consoles have to be changed, too.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2010, 04:38 AM
It was stupid change, with stupid outcome...
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-05-2010, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telurion
For those that do not know it:
Recently all science console values were halved.

What at least some of you might not know:
All old cosoles stayed at the original values.

This has a huge impact on PvP because players that own the old consoles now basicly have twice the number of console slots.

The consoles were nerfed for balancing reasons which imho was a good change, but it is not acceptable that the old consoles stayed at the original values because this completely destroys any balance between new and old players. Every player starting this game now is gimped by default now.

For the sake of balanced PvP the old consoles have to be changed, too.
i have a sci bop with all +30's and i have to agree. If they felt that a reduction was the way forward, and given i doubt there has been that many new players since the change, then without changing the existing consols the change had abolutely no effect, unless you were rerolling to the fotm class and had only got to t4.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2010, 06:37 AM
LoL, where is the sense in making the change take effect on the new and not the old? Instead of an attempt at balance isn't that effectively nerfing all newcomers and refits? I wondered why I had a common V tractor beam console with +15 while my uncommon X tractor beam console was also 15.

If something like that is going to happen, why in the world would it not be done across the board?
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-05-2010, 06:46 AM
Grandfather items never work out welll for a game, especially a game with PvP. Not nerfing all Sci consoles in game is not wise. Personally I don't think any Sci console should have been nerfed.

Cryptic please stop listening to whiners about something being OP. Give the whiners lessons in playing instead.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-05-2010, 07:05 AM
I still wonder why the devs haven't commented on this issue. Personally I rather see science consoles go back to the way they were, unless they will also halve tac consoles too, and all the grandfathered items.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-05-2010, 07:09 AM
eventually, they'll all get sold to the replicator.. i'm assuming they're bound like everything else?? .. everyone sooner or later gets bored and changes things...

if not, then it's a reward to the dedicated players who payed extra for the cost of the game before it was discounted and the extra subscription fees (timewise) compared to the new guy and wer smart enough to bank them when changing instead of cashing them in.

it's like everything in life (outside of being a communist). :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2010, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verhey View Post
eventually, they'll all get sold to the replicator.. i'm assuming they're bound like everything else?? .. everyone sooner or later gets bored and changes things...

if not, then it's a reward to the dedicated players who payed extra for the cost of the game before it was discounted and the extra subscription fees (timewise) compared to the new guy and wer smart enough to bank them when changing instead of cashing them in.

it's like everything in life (outside of being a communist). :p
Just that life does not work this way. If you buy gold and the gold price drops your gold is not worth more than the gold of everyone else
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2010, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telurion
Just that life does not work this way. If you buy gold and the gold price drops your gold is not worth more than the gold of everyone else
So what ? You could have bought a Comic Book 60 years ago for 1$ and today it could be worth more then 600$.

Such real life comparisons never work.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2010, 05:17 AM
just compare the change to racing cars. the old cars have a 300hp engine new cars only have 150hp, but they all drive in the same race.

do you think this is fair?