Lt. Commander
# 1 Video Memory Leak
04-05-2010, 06:08 AM
I don't know how helpful this post is going to be, but you have video memory leak somewhere in your code. It's not devastating, as I can play nightly a couple of hours at a time for about week without having to restart my computer, but eventually, if I do not restart my computer I will get to a point where I'm out of video memory and the game will crash.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2010, 06:42 PM
might help if you said which operating system you use and what your system specs are

If windows XP then needing a reboot every few days is "normal" and its related to the underlying operating system rather than the applications being ran on it

Its much less normal for Vista and Win 7 as those are much more stable than XP ever was due to changes in the way windows allocates memory and protects itself from badly written applications

Either way , more detail on your system specs , graphics card , driver versions and operating system including what service pack will help
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2010, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
I don't know how helpful this post is going to be, but you have video memory leak somewhere in your code. It's not devastating, as I can play nightly a couple of hours at a time for about week without having to restart my computer, but eventually, if I do not restart my computer I will get to a point where I'm out of video memory and the game will crash.
I get the same sort of thing on and off,I can play for hours and then all of a sudden I get a "switching to lower textures,not enough video memory" message.

I'm using Vista 32 - 280 GTX FTW - 2GB OCZ PC8500 and all drivers are upto date

ps Most of the time it only seems to happen in Space Dock !!!