Lt. Commander
# 5531
03-29-2011, 02:50 AM
What you need to do is find a wife who is both a Star Trek fan and a gamer, that would solve your problems, or if you really like the one you currently have, brainwash...uh I mean introduce her to your wonderful world of sci-fi gaming.

Of course then you'd have to fight her for control of the game so....
Lt. Commander
# 5532
03-29-2011, 03:49 AM
Personally I'd advice against that... Before you know it she kicks you out of your starship and makes you clean the plasma conduits in her ship. :-s

Also... No more flirting with those cute Orion girls any more then!
Lt. Commander
# 5533
03-29-2011, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox_Echelon
What you need to do is find a wife who is both a Star Trek fan and a gamer, that would solve your problems, or if you really like the one you currently have, brainwash...uh I mean introduce her to your wonderful world of sci-fi gaming.

Of course then you'd have to fight her for control of the game so....
Ha! I have a wife who games online (different game), loves Star Trek and Science Fiction (even will go to conventions with the family!), and to top it off....loves to watch College Sports! woohoo!!!
Lt. Commander
# 5534
03-29-2011, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerjrj View Post
Ha! I have a wife who games online (different game), loves Star Trek and Science Fiction (even will go to conventions with the family!), and to top it off....loves to watch College Sports! woohoo!!!
*jealous*

Though, my wife will sit down and watch the NFL with me; and I've gotten her to watch several British sitcoms that she otherwise wouldn't have.
Lt. Commander
# 5535
03-29-2011, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forge04 View Post
I meant to say on the Foundry, eh oh well.

And the personal time thing doesn't work. This model of wife is a stay at home and has plenty of personal time. When I'm home it's all about "our time"
Ahh I see. Since my wife and I both work and have a little one the personal time works great.
Lt. Commander
# 5536
03-29-2011, 05:49 AM
My wife loves sci-fi and has come to accept the STO stuff as long as I don't get to carried away. she even buys me Star Trek books.
Lt. Commander
# 5537
03-29-2011, 07:38 AM
happy Tuesday
Lt. Commander
# 5538
03-29-2011, 09:01 AM
My girlfriend's always been a gamer but i had to watch the Twilight movies with her in exchange for her wacthing an episode or two of trek, now she loves star trek and I've lost every man point i've earned during my life...but it was worth it in the end
Lt. Commander
# 5539
03-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox_Echelon
My girlfriend's always been a gamer but i had to watch the Twilight movies with her in exchange for her wacthing an episode or two of trek, now she loves star trek and I've lost every man point i've earned during my life...but it was worth it in the end
Something similar happened to me... although I have to say, the Twilight movies weren't bad, bust really weird. The third one did have some sweet vampire vs. werewolf battle scenes, so that was cool. Nowhere near enough of them though.
Lt. Commander
# 5540
03-29-2011, 03:01 PM
Attention! This is a priority 1 alert !! Your Man-Card has been suspended until further notice. If you feel this suspension is in error, please present your case to Biff in the central office. That is all. :p

Happy Tuesday everyone!