Lt. Commander
# 161
03-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Glock all the way.....Fairly priced, durable, safe and reliable. Also they come in many calibres.
Lt. Commander
# 162
03-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
Oh and if anyone knows where I can find 7.5x54 I would REALLY appreciate it.
Call your local FFL Holder and they should be able to find you one.

However - Shop around. Some FFL holders are scum and highball you expecting you to take their word on anything. Also some are just idiots and think you are only goign to ask 1 person.

For instance, myself and about 5 others are in the market for a Golani Sporter Rifle. So we are looking to buy 6 rifles all at one time. Price quotes have been from $439 to $1475. At the $439, he wants payment upfront, in cash, and may or may not be able to deliver within 3 months (and smells alot like a scam). On the other hand, the $1475 guy thinks I am dumb and thinks he can price the rifle like a AR-15 or a Galil. Most reasonable price I got was $575 per rifle (I have done business in the past and guy is the most legit), and if he cannot secure within a month, he will give us each our money back or apply it and a $250 credit to any other rifle we wish to purchase.

Blak
Lt. Commander
# 163
03-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Revolvers are great, but personally I prefer using them only for hunting. If this is going to be a gun for personal protection I would recommend saving a little more scratch and buying the FN Five-seveN.

It seems a small caliber (5.7x28mm) but to be honest you are not going to be needing anything more then that out on the street, as life isn't the Last Action Hero.

It is lightweight, compact, has a large ammo capacity (21 rounds- 20 in the mag +1 in the chamber), enough stopping power to bring down you average bad guy, and with virtually no kick you can count on all your rounds hitting your target when the adrenaline starts flowing. Not to mention the penetration is lower than a .357, so any collateral damages is minimized (rounds going through walls, etc.) plus if you have to fire it indoors, you won't blow your eardrums out.

It is one of the best guns I have ever fired, so much so that it has replaced my Sig Sauer P250 .40 caliber my personal carry and home defense weapon.

If it is going to be for hunting, I would recommend a Ruger .44-40. I carry one when I'm out hunting as my "bear gun".
Lt. Commander
# 164
03-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakinik
Call your local FFL Holder and they should be able to find you one.

However - Shop around. Some FFL holders are scum and highball you expecting you to take their word on anything. Also some are just idiots and think you are only goign to ask 1 person.

For instance, myself and about 5 others are in the market for a Golani Sporter Rifle. So we are looking to buy 6 rifles all at one time. Price quotes have been from $439 to $1475. At the $439, he wants payment upfront, in cash, and may or may not be able to deliver within 3 months (and smells alot like a scam). On the other hand, the $1475 guy thinks I am dumb and thinks he can price the rifle like a AR-15 or a Galil. Most reasonable price I got was $575 per rifle (I have done business in the past and guy is the most legit), and if he cannot secure within a month, he will give us each our money back or apply it and a $250 credit to any other rifle we wish to purchase.

Blak
Thanks for the advice ill try that. I have seen what im looking for but I hear mixed things about the manufacturer with this particular round so scoring surplus would be golden. (wanna try out my Mas49/56! )

How was your experience with the Golani? I and a friend of mine were going to pick up a couple last year but the build issues that we had heard about with Century turned us off.