Lt. Commander
Hello,

a friend also plays STO and I wondered how I could play in a team to solve the missions together. The last time I was online and traveled to a specific system neither my friend nor me could see each other on the display.

How can I invite a friend / specific player to be in a team?

Thank you!
Andrew
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2010, 10:21 AM
From what I remember, I believe you and your friends would all have to be in the same area (Earth Spacedock), right click on each of your friends and select the "Invite to team" option. Once they accept and you have five members in your team (not including yourself), go to the Fleet Ambassador and then you can create a Fleet.

Happy Fleeting!
Lt. Commander
# 3 Thank you!
04-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
From what I remember, I believe you and your friends would all have to be in the same area (Earth Spacedock), right click on each of your friends and select the "Invite to team" option. Once they accept and you have five members in your team (not including yourself), go to the Fleet Ambassador and then you can create a Fleet.

Happy Fleeting!
Thank you for the answer! I will try it the next time online.

Andrew
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2010, 01:53 PM
You're very welcome! I hope to see your ship passing me one day so I can say hello, perhaps visit your bridge sometime.

(I've never been in a position to either give or receive a bridge invitation, so it'd be nice to try it)

EDIT: I'd misread your post and thought you were asking how to create a Fleet. lol The only correction I'd make to my original post is you could make a team when your friends are anywhere in the area (not just Spacedock). If you're all in the same instance, then it shouldn't be a problem.

To get to the correct one, all you have to do is right-click on the name of the system in the upper right hand corner and click "Change instance" to the one your friends are in (or they could change their instance to the one you're in).

If you do all that, you should be able to all group together in the same area.

Happy Teaming, too! hehe
Ensign
# 5
08-17-2014, 06:41 PM
Hi

Sorry I'm bringing an old thread back to life but I don't have posting rights yet.

I've tried everything to start a (story) mission with my girlfriend but we can't get into the same mission.

We are in the same instance before we start the mission, we are in a team together, we are up to the same mission, I shared the mission before I went in (with which it said she was already up to this mission), but when we enter we aren't together and there is no way to quit, to try it again.

All of the party setting are normal,

What is wrong? I read that story missions are co-op, but this just seems very hard to actually start a mission together seeing as I've done everything people have recommended in older threads

What am I missing?

Also is there a way to quit missions, mid session?

Edit: We also matched the leaders level (if that matters) for the quest.

Last edited by lostyus; 08-17-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Captain
# 6
08-17-2014, 11:54 PM
  1. What is the name of the mission that you are both trying to do?
  2. You are both the same faction yes? If one of you is Fed and the other is a Romulan that is aligned with Fed you might be trying to do a mission that one of you is ineligible for.
  3. You can abort a mission (as long as you're not in combat) by pressing the little galaxy swirl or transporting person icon in the top-left corner of your minimap. If you have already made it to a checkpoint in the mission, the next time you enter the mission you will beam in at that checkpoint instead of the very start of the mission.
  4. You can completely drop a mission by opening your Journal, going to the In Progress tab, selecting the mission, and pressing the Drop button in the lower-right corner of that window. (If you do this it may take up to 10-15 minutes for the mission to 'reset' back to the very start of the mission the next time you accept and restart the mission.)
  5. I recommend not sharing the mission, but individually going to the Episodes tab of the Journal and Hailing the mission contact to accept the mission. Sometimes, even if you're both on the same mission, sharing will cause one of you to get lesser rewards ('player was ineligible at the time this mission was shared').
  6. There are a few missions (very few) that are mandatory one-player only, not co-op. I think almost all of these take place in the Dyson Sphere story arc at the end.
Ensign
# 7
08-18-2014, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
  1. What is the name of the mission that you are both trying to do?
  2. You are both the same faction yes? If one of you is Fed and the other is a Romulan that is aligned with Fed you might be trying to do a mission that one of you is ineligible for.
  3. You can abort a mission (as long as you're not in combat) by pressing the little galaxy swirl or transporting person icon in the top-left corner of your minimap. If you have already made it to a checkpoint in the mission, the next time you enter the mission you will beam in at that checkpoint instead of the very start of the mission.
  4. You can completely drop a mission by opening your Journal, going to the In Progress tab, selecting the mission, and pressing the Drop button in the lower-right corner of that window. (If you do this it may take up to 10-15 minutes for the mission to 'reset' back to the very start of the mission the next time you accept and restart the mission.)
  5. I recommend not sharing the mission, but individually going to the Episodes tab of the Journal and Hailing the mission contact to accept the mission. Sometimes, even if you're both on the same mission, sharing will cause one of you to get lesser rewards ('player was ineligible at the time this mission was shared').
  6. There are a few missions (very few) that are mandatory one-player only, not co-op. I think almost all of these take place in the Dyson Sphere story arc at the end.
Hi

It's the first couple of story missions, the ones you start off on (sorry I don't know the names of them) where you have to set up the satellites as you're fighting off the Borg.

We are both the same faction, Star fleet.

The galaxy symbol is grayed out for us, maybe because it's a story mission or because its the very first couple of them.

I know it's normal for a tutorial to be played alone (and now we've finished the few missions it's become apparent that that is what it was) but the game doesn't mention that fact if that is why, also many other posts said all missions (apart from one type... foundry or something)
are co-op-able.

The last time we tried to share (the missions against the Borg, before we returned to Earth) something popped up on screen saying we weren't within distance of the team and it would be abandoned (giving a timer) or something along those lines.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, and for the good advice about the hailing approach
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
08-18-2014, 05:55 AM
thats the problem.

The tutorial missions are single player only, you cant team up until you talk to admiral quinn on ESD.

There are also a select few other missions that are solo only: Temporal Ambassador, Sphere of Influence, A Step Between Stars, and The newest mission, i forget what its called, the one where the undine blow up ESD.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 9
08-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Ohhhh you were still in the tutorial. Yeah that one can't be done teamed. That was also the reason the galaxy was grayed out; can't abort the tutorial. As a Fed, the first mission you'll be able to team up and co-op is "Stranded in Space."

“Graduation Day” • “Training Cruise” • “Field Promotions” • “Communication Breakdown” • “Assimilation of the Innocent” are all part of the tutorial.
http://sto.gamepedia.com/List_of_missions

Since you mentioned it, player-created Foundry missions can be done teamed but they might be intended for solo-play (the author will usually say that in their description if it's intended as a solo experience.).
Ensign
# 10
08-18-2014, 10:20 PM
Thanks to both of you for the advice

We got to do our first mission together (stranded in space) and it is really fun, I just wish I hadn't taken those other posts as gospel when they said ''all missions are coop-able, would have saved me a lot of time lol.