Lt. Commander
Hello,

a friend also plays STO and I wondered how I could play in a team to solve the missions together. The last time I was online and traveled to a specific system neither my friend nor me could see each other on the display.

How can I invite a friend / specific player to be in a team?

Thank you!
Andrew
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2010, 10:21 AM
From what I remember, I believe you and your friends would all have to be in the same area (Earth Spacedock), right click on each of your friends and select the "Invite to team" option. Once they accept and you have five members in your team (not including yourself), go to the Fleet Ambassador and then you can create a Fleet.

Happy Fleeting!
Lt. Commander
# 3 Thank you!
04-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
From what I remember, I believe you and your friends would all have to be in the same area (Earth Spacedock), right click on each of your friends and select the "Invite to team" option. Once they accept and you have five members in your team (not including yourself), go to the Fleet Ambassador and then you can create a Fleet.

Happy Fleeting!
Thank you for the answer! I will try it the next time online.

Andrew
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2010, 01:53 PM
You're very welcome! I hope to see your ship passing me one day so I can say hello, perhaps visit your bridge sometime.

(I've never been in a position to either give or receive a bridge invitation, so it'd be nice to try it)

EDIT: I'd misread your post and thought you were asking how to create a Fleet. lol The only correction I'd make to my original post is you could make a team when your friends are anywhere in the area (not just Spacedock). If you're all in the same instance, then it shouldn't be a problem.

To get to the correct one, all you have to do is right-click on the name of the system in the upper right hand corner and click "Change instance" to the one your friends are in (or they could change their instance to the one you're in).

If you do all that, you should be able to all group together in the same area.

Happy Teaming, too! hehe