Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Ok, stop me if you've heard this one.

You begin a match and the entire enemy team is exploiting bugs and abusing soon-to-be-nerfed abilities. They also, for some reason, ignore all objectives and ultimately lose somewhere around 1200 - 0.

Can someone explain what the point of this is? These are premades with the sole intention of wasting other player's time. This seems like it would fall under Reportable Behavior.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2010, 07:42 PM
I know right what gives them the right ot play the game the way they want....what do they think, they pay for the right to play the game themselves.....Pfft
sounds like grief victim
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumarev
I know right what gives them the right ot play the game the way they want....
Because it potentially violates the TaC agreement? Or are you just pretending to be thick-headed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2010, 07:57 PM
It doesn't violate any agreement. They're not cheating. Nobody really cares if they exploit bugs (I've never seen anyone punished for exploiting bugs in STO).

Nothing will happen.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
It doesn't violate any agreement. They're not cheating. Nobody really cares if they exploit bugs (I've never seen anyone punished for exploiting bugs in STO).

Nothing will happen.
That's not even the point of this thread, but regardless I have seen players punished for griefing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeport
That's not even the point of this thread, but regardless I have seen players punished for griefing.
how exactly can you grief someone in this game? I can understand harassment, through tells and spatial chat, but the pvp system here is so ****** that griefing doesn't seem possible. Jesus, players leave games if they don't get a kill in their first ten deaths.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-05-2010, 11:19 PM
truely I would lveo to know what exploits?
as for skills that are going to be nerfed soon, I am sure he is speaking of the big 3
well i can tell you FBP will be better then it is now if they make that change
SNB will be deadlier then it is now that is for sure.
and VM now is easy as hell to getout of if you are any bit a compitent player.
99% of of everything I see as of "exploits or hacks" can be summed up to "players do not know how to pvp well and lack a true understanding of skills adn how they work and what counters what
Please again llist what expliots or OP skills you are worried about and I will be happy to tell you how to beat them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2010, 05:12 AM
It's obnoxious to be caught consistently by over powered abilities that everyone knows will be altered in the future but you can't really fault them for using a mechanic that works as intended. Granted, in this case "works as intended" clearly wasn't very well thought out. It's unfortunate that balance issues force people into a specific set up in order to have a chance at a win (or even surviving).

It's also not right to through the bugs and exploits bit around without providing specific instances and examples. If I had a nickle for every time someone got owned and claimed their opponents were hax0rz I'd have bought Cryptic and could fly around with a T5 Galaxy Class ship by now XD. I'm not saying this is what you are doing, just that providing examples of what you call exploits might give you a bit more credibility.

As far as the point goes, if they are focusing primarily on blowing you out of the water then you have to admit that increases the difficulty significantly. Everyone could just fly around the map in a clockwise manner claiming and reclaiming the same points but isn't it more fun to try to use strategy to beat, escape or otherwise shut out your opponent? Maybe not, but everyone has their play styles. Sometimes people just want to go out and blow stuff up, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Having been accused of using "exploits" myself, I'm a little skeptical of such complaints.

PvP can be annoying when you're losing, but for the most part players are simply making intelligent use of their crafts and skills.

Having said that, I can't believe they're going to make SNB even more powerful than at present. That particular skill has always irked me .

P.S. My definition of "abusive behavior" is when someone actually takes the time to "tell" you what a so-and-so you are. seems weirdly personal.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumarev
and VM now is easy as hell to getout of if you are any bit a compitent player.
Meh. Science team has a cooldown, and not every ship can afford to pack attack pattern omega. Maybe at t5, I don't know.

If I've used science team already to prevent shield loss (that is, explodey death) on myself or on a teammate, or god forbid to clear a different VM, then the VM hold is gonna stick for a while. Even with two science teams, the global crew cooldown lasts a while, and I can potentially spend most of it sitting dead in the water if the other team has a lot of science ships.

Not that using VM is a cheat or an exploit. It's kind of cheap, but I don't know that I can fault other players for using it.