Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
.... "works as intended"...
I find myself extremely annoyed with that statement. "Working as coded" is likely a better description. Intent is quite a bit different in meaning than execution. Working as intended implies that developers wanted the desired fallout from the actions. If it is currently being changed or modified, then that wasn't the Intent of the original idea. Any programmer knows that Intent doesn't always follow through to execution, so "working as intended" is not the accurate description for these issues.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeport
Ok, stop me if you've heard this one.

You begin a match and the entire enemy team is exploiting bugs and abusing soon-to-be-nerfed abilities. They also, for some reason, ignore all objectives and ultimately lose somewhere around 1200 - 0.

Can someone explain what the point of this is? These are premades with the sole intention of wasting other player's time. This seems like it would fall under Reportable Behavior.
All this means is that:

A) you are playing a Cryptic game
B) the PvP is so bad that some people have to resort to griefing for entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeport
Ok, stop me if you've heard this one.

You begin a match and the entire enemy team is exploiting bugs and abusing soon-to-be-nerfed abilities. They also, for some reason, ignore all objectives and ultimately lose somewhere around 1200 - 0.

Can someone explain what the point of this is? These are premades with the sole intention of wasting other player's time. This seems like it would fall under Reportable Behavior.
QQ . What would make you reverse your statement ? Lets remove all of those 'abusive' abilities, while we at it lets remove canons and Klingon cloak. Lets remove BOs too. Now will you be happy ? Everyone just has space bar and beam weapons!
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
QQ . What would make you reverse your statement ? Lets remove all of those 'abusive' abilities, while we at it lets remove canons and Klingon cloak. Lets remove BOs too. Now will you be happy ? Everyone just has space bar and beam weapons!
I was thinking the same thing just the other day.

Some people won't be happy until we're all playing with exactly the same ships, firing precisley the same weapons, and have exactly the same BO's with exactly the same skills.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfacer View Post
Meh. Science team has a cooldown, and not every ship can afford to pack attack pattern omega. Maybe at t5, I don't know.

If I've used science team already to prevent shield loss (that is, explodey death) on myself or on a teammate, or god forbid to clear a different VM, then the VM hold is gonna stick for a while. Even with two science teams, the global crew cooldown lasts a while, and I can potentially spend most of it sitting dead in the water if the other team has a lot of science ships.

Not that using VM is a cheat or an exploit. It's kind of cheap, but I don't know that I can fault other players for using it.
there has been talk that they are fixing sci team to remove viral matrix and allowing eng team to do it is well. it has also been mentioned that viral matrix may affect only one subsytem at random like the phaser proc... dont quote me on that last bt, since i cant find the particular thread at the moment......
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumarev
truely I would lveo to know what exploits?
as for skills that are going to be nerfed soon, I am sure he is speaking of the big 3
well i can tell you FBP will be better then it is now if they make that change
SNB will be deadlier then it is now that is for sure.
and VM now is easy as hell to getout of if you are any bit a compitent player.
99% of of everything I see as of "exploits or hacks" can be summed up to "players do not know how to pvp well and lack a true understanding of skills adn how they work and what counters what
Please again llist what expliots or OP skills you are worried about and I will be happy to tell you how to beat them.

Federation Science Vessels cannot use Attack Pattern Omega. If you see a sci-guy pop sci-team on himself then you know you can VM him for the next 20 seconds and he can't do jack about it. Granted, your team can still get you out, but I wouldn't put that under the "easy as hell" heading. For ships with access to Attack Pattern Omega it does become trivial though.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickhowdy View Post
Federation Science Vessels cannot use Attack Pattern Omega. If you see a sci-guy pop sci-team on himself then you know you can VM him for the next 20 seconds and he can't do jack about it. Granted, your team can still get you out, but I wouldn't put that under the "easy as hell" heading. For ships with access to Attack Pattern Omega it does become trivial though.
I would and I pilot a sci ship, and I never get caught out by VM unless it's bugged
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWulf
I would and I pilot a sci ship, and I never get caught out by VM unless it's bugged
Is that you Darkwulf? I notice your ship is called Farstar.

Pompey scum..........

Guess who!
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
Is that you Darkwulf? I notice your ship is called Farstar.

Pompey scum..........

Guess who!
Oh please god no.......

Only 2 peeps call me that, Sherv and Shuno. I'm going with the little Blonde scummer with the drinking problem
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWulf
Oh please god no.......

Only 2 peeps call me that, Sherv and Shuno. I'm going with the little Blonde scummer with the drinking problem
Who are you calling blonde?