Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
I have a request which does not affect playability but allows for a great souvenir and keepsake. Not to mention allow for more storytelling and sharing with others.

I would like the ability to take a full-body team photo of my captain and BO team from time to time, sort of like a group cast photo.

As the game progresses, we either mature with the same group of BO or we bring in new crew members to replace the old ones (sort of like a season change). They also go through costume changes as the game progresses and our preferences change.

On the Internet with the various TV and movie photos, we can see the various casts have different photos from season to season or the movies. When you compare them, you will see the cast and costumes change through the evolution.

It would be nice if STO had a formal souvenir full-body group photo ability of the "cast" as our souvenirs, not just head shots.

The only way to get a group photo is in a mission but that is not really ideal with the background and weaponry. Also not everyone faces the same direction.

By the time you hit Admiral, you sort of forget the "early season" players of the adventure but I think the formative crew at the Lt. and Lt. Cmmdr levels are just as important to remember and keepsake than just the current current at the Admiral level.

Anyone else care about this or am I the only one who gets slightly attached to my older Bridge officers? :-)
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Lol no, it's a quite good idea acutally (and it won't affect the gameplay).
Recently I started writing customized log's entries - this is also a RPG, let's play it like one; I am actually thinking about rolling a new char just to go the log's entries route from the beginning (I didn't with this one).
Although I don't have hundreds of hours to invest in the game (I'm Cpt 5 right now, only 1 char and I did start the first day of the headstart!), It's indeed very nice to create your own stories.
I realize it might be not their "favourite cookie" for many players, but I see that 60-90 minutes of gaming I can enjoy during an average evening as a way to relax and let my mind focus slip offm of everyday things, instead of concentrating on doing the most DPS or raking energy credits. I would really like to see more "storytelling" devices being implemented, maybe as just optional features, such as missions with specific requirements (having a specific type of ship, bridge officers or skills), more Section 31 and, why not, permanent bridge officers loss - that would be adding a lot of drama to the ground combat and also function as a "death penalty" for all the players wishing for one.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2010, 11:12 AM
This would be very nice for the Player database on the site, at least. At the moment it lists all your BOs but it doesn't give any clue what they look like.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2010, 11:45 PM
That's a really nice idea. I like it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2010, 04:32 AM
You can move your BOs to wherever you want them to stand, next to each other and take a screenie.
Their individual "Rally" point button is on the left side of their portrait.
You can also hide your (and their) weapons by pressing "H" (or whatever you mapped "Holster" to).
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-07-2010, 03:37 PM
The problem is you can only do a group photo with four of your bridge officers at a time on an away mission and never on your bridge. As far as I can tell, you can't arrange a group photo with all of your bridge officers at the same time or on your bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2010, 12:32 AM
I would LOVE this option!
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-12-2010, 06:18 AM
Ditto - great idea!
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-13-2010, 09:36 AM
I like this idea too.