Lt. Commander
# 1 Ok Time for a Vent...
04-06-2010, 05:01 PM
BLOODY PC's!

On Monday, one of the security programs on my PC decided it loved me so very much it wanted me to be extra safe and protected, and went all NAZI on me. I was allowed onto Google's page, and 1 time out of ten on to the BBC front page, but past that, forget it.
So I gave it a severe talking to an d told it to stop being idiotic. However nothing was working, and Certainly no STO. So in at the end of my options, I deleted it, and nothing would still work. Sod it thinks I, Its about time I re-installed my OS. So Format C:, new install.

Every things going fine, until I go to install STO. I set it up, some of the Graphics look a bit odd, but it seems to be functioning, and it of course needs patching. Needing about 30 hours to patch. Fine, I'll leave it going over night. Halfway through the night the entire thing crashes. I may have said a few bad words at this point.

So thinking that the issue is a very old out of date Installer (Beta test era), I go to my place I brought the game from, Direct2drive, and start the Download again. I hope like crazy this will be fully updated as well. 7 hours later the file is done, the File is also Corrupt and can't be read. I start all over again.

to make matter slightly more annoying, the last two days are my weekend, I'm back at work tomorrow for a week, and so won't be able to get any gaming in.

I wish there was an easier way of doing this!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2010, 05:48 PM
I agree, let's tar and feather Bill Gate$ for making these bloody PC's. Lock him in a room full of nerds who know more about PC's than Bill Gate$. Starting with the blasted Windows Operating System.

I wonder how the world would have been if the Macintosh were the dominate computer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Tis sad and woe I shall beat my breast in protest of this misfortune!
Stupid security stuffs let Curli play!!!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ornithorhynchus
Tis sad and woe I shall beat my breast in protest of this misfortune!
Stupid security stuffs let Curli play!!!
Thanks. But by a miracle, I'm now back in game.
To the Daily missions!
**Heroic Pose**