Lt. Commander
# 1 Advisory Council FAQ
04-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Questions about the Star Trek Online Advisory Council? Check out our FAQ. We'll be updating the FAQ periodically with more answers to your questions.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Thank you so much for this. Hopefully this will quell the mass hysteria on the forums and allow for constructive posts once again.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Frankly I think that you're wasting your time.

Instead of trying to calm these people down with facts (again), you should simply start banning the lunatics.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Frankly I think that you're wasting your time.

Instead of trying to calm these people down with facts (again), you should simply start banning the lunatics.
While we're at it why don't we just eliminate the forums all together? At least then I don't have to see your post on every subject complaining about people complaining... crap, I was complaining
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croaton07 View Post
While we're at it why don't we just eliminate the forums all together? At least then I don't have to see your post on every subject complaining about people complaining... crap, I was complaining
Not allowing lunatics to disrupt conversations with their psychotic rantings is not the same thing as suppressing free speech.

If you can't understand the difference, then you may be one of those people that I'm talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Sounds good. I think an easy way to see what people want is to make a survey dialog box pop up when users log on. It would have the options "Yes" "Later" and "Leave Me Alone". And give some goofy C-Store giveaway for everyone who participates.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Not allowing lunatics to disrupt conversations with their psychotic rantings is not the same thing as suppressing free speech.

If you can't understand the difference, then you may be one of those people that I'm talking about.
Maybe I am, what are you going to do about it? :p

As for the in game polls, I think they're a great idea and would love to see them implemented. A reward program for the those who do vote would help get more people to take them, even if it is just a simple cosmetic item, say a new breed of tribbles?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2010, 05:47 PM
This "council" was still not nominated by us, not voted on by us, not chosen by us, and therefore represents no one except those who did nominate and choose them, Cryptic.

To claim that they represent us is disingenuous. And, frankly, those who accept this "honor" deserve no respect whatsoever.

The usurped might fear the usurper. But he never respects him. Consider me part of the underground. I will never be a collaborator.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
This "council" was still not nominated by us, not voted on by us, not chosen by us, and therefore represents no one except those who did nominate and choose them, Cryptic.

To claim that they represent us is disingenuous. And, frankly, those who accept this "honor" deserve no respect whatsoever.

The usurped might fear the usurper. But he never respects him.
You're right, they don't represent you. But that may be because that was *never* the intention. For all intents and purposes, forum users don't even have to spend a single thought on this 'council', its not there to voice your opinions or represent you in any way. But rather the people that choose to voice their opinions via other media than this forum.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote:
That's a sweeping generalization and pretty harsh accusation that some might consider defamatory...just saying...