Lt. Commander
# 21
04-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revhain
As I said earlier, if John doesn't have a website, blog or something similar, he's very unlikely to be accepted into the group.

They say they're looking for active forum posters to join the group yes, but that doesn't change the group's original purpose. Which is to provide a voice for people outside of the forums.

You can believe that if you want, but your opinion is directly in contradiction to the FAQ posted.

So sorry, we'll have to disagree until its changed and clarified.

To make it clearer for you. Right now its an outreach to community leaders outside of the official forums, be it other forums, blogs, podcasts, resource sites, whatever.

And then, directly quoting the FAQ:

"A: We are looking at growing the Advisory Committee to include people who are active on our forums. "

growing it IN ADDITION to current and future community reps from 'outside' sources.

Its plain English.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-06-2010, 07:43 PM
In plain english that means they'll be joining the team, not changing what the team means.

Quote:
So sorry, we'll have to disagree until its changed and clarified.
This I can wholeheartedly agree with however ; )
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Haha, so to review your stance.

This council will expand to include active forum users. No where does it say these users must have an "outside" source of people to draw from to qualify. Just normal forum users.

So you contend, that EVEN WITH members specifically taken from the forum, per the FAQ, that the council will ONLY be focused on getting feedback from outside the forum.

What purpose would these new people even serve? None.

They're getting people FROM the Forum to get feedback from the FORUM. There can be no other reason.

Thus, they're Forum Representatives, and this open ups a VERY NASTY box of unhappiness. I have seen it in multiple games before.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Questions about the Star Trek Online Advisory Council? Check out our FAQ. We'll be updating the FAQ periodically with more answers to your questions.

Link to the news article.
Thanks for the info!
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-07-2010, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Not allowing lunatics to disrupt conversations with their psychotic rantings is not the same thing as suppressing free speech.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
you should simply start banning the lunatics.
Flaming, trolling, and obnoxiously large coloured text that reminds me of the time cube guy (google it, too many swear words to be allowed to link) - Yeah, he's one of the very people he's "attacking".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisJ View Post
That's a sweeping generalization and pretty harsh accusation that some might consider defamatory...just saying...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croaton07 View Post
While we're at it why don't we just eliminate the forums all together? At least then I don't have to see your post on every subject complaining about people complaining... crap, I was complaining
Totall agree, click the orange arrows and report (the icon is hidden in the bottomleft) him if you want anything done, I already did yesterday but the Atari PR mods are ignoring it, one rule for everyone else and one rule for those it suits them to run free as a "pet" troll it seems... He's been trolling pretty much the whole forum if you look at his post history...
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-07-2010, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
This "council" was still not nominated by us, not voted on by us, not chosen by us, and therefore represents no one except those who did nominate and choose them, Cryptic.
No one ever claimed that the purpose of this council was to represent you or anyone. They are a group of people who have been asked to provide direct feedback, nothing more.

Quote:
To claim that they represent us is disingenuous. And, frankly, those who accept this "honor" deserve no respect whatsoever.
Once again, Cryptic never claimed that they represent you. These are not Senators who will lead a nation, they are merely a focus group for input into a video game.

Quote:
The usurped might fear the usurper. But he never respects him. Consider me part of the underground. I will never be a collaborator.
This is exactly the kind of overreactive nonsense that I've been talking about. Dude seriously. The Soviets have not landed troops in West Virginia, and this advisory council isn't a collaborationist puppet government set up by our conquerors. Your statement is exactly the type of overreaction that I've talking about, and that has led Cryptic to try to seek calm and adult feedback elsewhere.

Oh and P.S. the Advisory Committee had nothing to do with 9/11 or the Kennedy Assassination either. I just wanted to clear that up before the conspiracy people mentioned it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-07-2010, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkittin
Flaming, trolling, and obnoxiously large coloured text that reminds me of the time cube guy (google it, too many swear words to be allowed to link) - Yeah, he's one of the very people he's "attacking".

Totall agree, click the orange arrows and report (the icon is hidden in the bottomleft) him if you want anything done, I already did yesterday but the Atari PR mods are ignoring it, one rule for everyone else and one rule for those it suits them to run free as a "pet" troll it seems... He's been trolling pretty much the whole forum if you look at his post history...
Agreed!

Psychotic rantings or not that is entirely your opinion, it is free speech and a form of expression that is allowed to be contributed to these forums in this manner.

If you stop attacking others maybe they will stop attacking you.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-07-2010, 05:44 AM
This is exactly the kind of overreactive nonsense that I've been talking about. Dude seriously. The Soviets have not landed troops in West Virginia, and this advisory council isn't a collaborationist puppet government set up by our conquerors. Your statement is exactly the type of overreaction that I've talking about, and that has led Cryptic to try to seek calm and adult feedback elsewhere.

Oh and P.S. the Advisory Committee had nothing to do with 9/11 or the Kennedy Assassination either. I just wanted to clear that up before the conspiracy people mentioned it.[/color][/b][/font][/quote]

Talk about overeactive nonsense where does 9/11 come into it?

Idiot!
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Questions about the Star Trek Online Advisory Council? Check out our FAQ. We'll be updating the FAQ periodically with more answers to your questions.

Link to the news article.
Dear Mr. Marketing Dude.

May I suggest you and your co-workers learn how to market things. The whole way this announcement has been handled, right down to the name 'Advisory Council' was just asking for trouble. This of course is not the first bit of terrible communication from you folks that has resulted in outrage from the community followed by lots of damage limitation by you PR spinners.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-07-2010, 07:10 AM
While saying who should be banned, let's ban the colors that hurts the eyes.