Lt. Commander
# 11 Yay
04-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Thats why you should go lifetime. saves money and problems. YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusMD
A subscription is required to get the 30 days time. as itis a subscription bonus.

you enter your retail key
select a subscription option
enter a payment method for the subscription options (credit card. gamecard time or paypal) after the method is validated then the game will be active and you get the 30day bonus. you will not be charged for the subscription on credit card or paypal payments until after the 30 days are used up. on gamecard the 30 days are added to the gametime card time.
well - here's the low down -

credit card charged 3/24/10
next billing date indicated 4/24/10
30 days free time NOWHERE

how many months do i have to pay to play 30 days free? i never made it into the beta test cycle - but i have made it into the PAY TA TEST cycle.

usually it's the initial time that is comped so you can feel it out. i've never seen a "last month free" deal in the gaming world. don't let it get around that you've gotta pay for two months or more before receiving your free-time incentive.

nice try on the "advice" but you're barking up the wrong tree there.

so - again - is it a bug that is preventing me from getting my time incentive?
Lt. Commander
# 13 im cool
04-08-2010, 04:14 PM
ive had no prob i think its perfecto
Lt. Commander
# 14 D'oh!
04-08-2010, 06:28 PM
I was billed $15.00 for STO and an additional $6.00 for Champ.....I never even played that game....
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Any update on this fix? I don't need it myself, but I have a friend who hasn't been able to reactivate for weeks now and he's at the point he's so frustrated by it he doesn't care anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-17-2010, 08:54 PM
Update for this issue?
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-18-2010, 11:26 PM
Is this issue still not fixed? I've searched and can't seem to find the update that was supposed to come when this fix was going to go live.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erock6669 View Post
well - here's the low down -

credit card charged 3/24/10
next billing date indicated 4/24/10
30 days free time NOWHERE

how many months do i have to pay to play 30 days free? i never made it into the beta test cycle - but i have made it into the PAY TA TEST cycle.

usually it's the initial time that is comped so you can feel it out. i've never seen a "last month free" deal in the gaming world. don't let it get around that you've gotta pay for two months or more before receiving your free-time incentive.

nice try on the "advice" but you're barking up the wrong tree there.

so - again - is it a bug that is preventing me from getting my time incentive?
no you just need to put the retail key in and the details you would use SHOULD you continue to play, you should get your 30 days then and if you dont intend on playing after the thirty days just cancel and you wont pay a thing
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Well, since this thread has been ignored since it was posted, despite being told we would get a post as soon as a fix was completed, my friend had to find out on their own that the issue seems to have been quietly fixed, at least for them it was.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks for that update, Ripcurl.

Kind of sad that it took a player of the game to find information that a Cryptic Employee promised to provide. I've been considering switching to the life time one time sub but I think I'll wait and watch my bank statements first. This sounds very similar to the Mythic billing disaster that recently happened.