Lt. Commander
# 21
04-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uus
With no Feds to fight, I have stopped playing.

Why bother. I came to STO to PVP and there really is none here.

While checking my feddie bank toon, I overheard some feds bragging bout how FvF means they don't have to deal with "cloakability" any more. FvF? WTF. How does lore even support something like this? Game mechanics are surely not.

Feds didn't kill PVP tho. Cryptic did with their lack of PVP experience.

Way to cripple the PVP faction and PVP itself.
there is the federation battle simulation episode in TNG... you know riker vs picard?

that is where fed v fed is. they need to take the mark of honor dailes FVK only imo...
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Oooo Oooo your my rank for my feddie.ill play.....as soon as the server is up.LOL!

P.S i got some good gear for my feddie,(omg!) I found it all in Fed space too!Imagine that!It isnt hard to get if your patient and try everything.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpadgett371 View Post
I have done as you have said many times and have not reaped the bounty you describe. In fact, the rewards I get for completing missions, much of it is of no use to me. That which is falls into the same category I spoke of before...no better than MK II before Tier 2, no better than MK II in early Tier 2, no better than MK III in mid to late Tier 2. I've leveled up too.

I have also been to all requisition vendors you spoke of to buy things and the best I have found is at SB 39 for EC's, limited to a few MK III Starship items, a small selection of MK IV weapons, MK IV items with BOE 2 at earth. Memory Alpha is in my opinion a waste on the vast majority of stuff...Tier 1 and 2. The only items I see worth anything are the Tier 2 Engines and personal shields...Oh wait, I have to have the vanilla version of those items to craft the upgrade. Again, it takes BOE 2's to get them.

Klingon requisition vendors, BTW, have all MK IV vanilla disruptor based items available for EC's right away at Tier 2. I've also leveled up two Klingons.

My beef isn't so much about having access to stuff. It's about what is available when and where, and what do I have to do to get it. It is a fact that you cannot get any MK IV starship items without amassing a pile of BOE 2's. If you find them randomly, that's a bonus; however, I rarely find starship weapons, never find shields and engines and the personal items I find are all MK III.

Yes I agree, I have access to alot of great stuff; however, To get them, I have to go too alot of work to earn the means of buying them. I will have to do the Nebula missions 12 times for weapons, shields, and engines (starship). To upgrade personal items, another 3 times. That's just to bring them current. I will be somewhere in the neighborhood of Lt Cdr 7 - 8. Two more grades, I'll be promoted, and I'll have to do it all again to get MK VI stuff because once again, I will be behind.
*** first part of comment deleted... didnt come out the way i wanted and was really typoed ***
i think the klingons having the ability to buy via energy credits was cryptics attempt to balance the fact that klingons have no real pve, and no quest reward items at all. it is a sucky fix, but that is what they tried to do.

as a side note, be on the look out for the efficient impulse engines when you hit Lt Cmdr. you will want them. i still use them on my Radm5, they are that awesome... and klingons cant get them at all

they have only slightly lower turn rates and speed as mk X impulse engines, but give 3 of your susbsytems a +5 power setting. at least until they get hit with an nuclear nerf bomb.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribblerancher View Post
*** first part of comment deleted... didnt come out the way i wanted and was really typoed ***
i think the klingons having the ability to buy via energy credits was cryptics attempt to balance the fact that klingons have no real pve, and no quest reward items at all. it is a sucky fix, but that is what they tried to do.

as a side note, be on the look out for the efficient impulse engines when you hit Lt Cmdr. you will want them. i still use them on my Radm5, they are that awesome... and klingons cant get them at all

they have only slightly lower turn rates and speed as mk X impulse engines, but give 3 of your susbsytems a +5 power setting. at least until they get hit with an nuclear nerf bomb.
Correct. You can also get blue grade 20% Disruptor resistance shields via PvE as well. Later on, you will get access to the overcharged plasma rifle and lots of other goodies via patrols and story arc missions. Granted, not every single patrol mission or story arc mission hands out great gear. Luckily they tell you the rewards before you accept the mission. Well worth the time investment if you ask me and tons of more fun than the same bugged KDF exploration missions.