Lt. Commander
# 1 Idic
04-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Not to be too detail oriented, but I really think it would be fantastic to see an option to wear an IDIC pendant/pin for Vulcans
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Good call. Added to the "want to do" list.

Cheers,

Matt
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Awesome idea!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
Good call. Added to the "want to do" list.

Cheers,

Matt
I'm very excited to see it come to fruition Thank you Matt! And thank you Cryptic for all the great additions lately to the game, you guys are doing a wonderful job!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Wait, I thought the Advisory Council meant the devs were ignoring the forums, now?

Okay, seriously, though, why only for Vulcans? Other races can't agree with the Philosophy/Ideology of IDIC?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-07-2010, 11:31 AM
There's nothing wrong with the IDIC philosophy being followed by other races, but in canon I don't recall ever seeing any non-Vulcan wearing one. Although in DS9 it's mentioned that they are collectibles in some sectors of space and Quark mentioned possibly selling them. Still I don't think I ever saw any other race wearing one nor have I ever read anything of the sort.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara-Shaila
There's nothing wrong with the IDIC philosophy being followed by other races, but in canon I don't recall ever seeing any non-Vulcan wearing one. Although in DS9 it's mentioned that they are collectibles in some sectors of space and Quark mentioned possibly selling them. Still I don't think I ever saw any other race wearing one nor have I ever read anything of the sort.
True, I haven't either. However, no one wore the Tamarian badges or used their language (save Picard, of course), and we received the badge and emote for all characters.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
True, I haven't either. However, no one wore the Tamarian badges or used their language (save Picard, of course), and we received the badge and emote for all characters.
Also True. Anyway, It's ultimately up to Cryptic if they want to make it strictly cultural or open it up as an option to any race. For my part, I would only use it on my Vulcan. I'm just pleased that it's on their list!
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara-Shaila
Also True. Anyway, It's ultimately up to Cryptic if they want to make it strictly cultural or open it up as an option to any race. For my part, I would only use it on my Vulcan. I'm just pleased that it's on their list!
/seconded!
Lt. Commander
I just had a thought to add on to this. There should be a jewelery option. Bajorans get their earrings, so why not give Vulcans this as a jewelery option? That way it doesn't interfere with the Combadge.