Lt. Commander
# 1 Red Alert!!!
04-06-2010, 09:54 PM
This post is a RED ALERT warning... danger Will Robonson.... how ever you want to call it things are not well in STO. i hate to type, & do not spell well. i do listen & hear a lot both said & unsaid. players are not happy. the game is not what it could be or should be. it could be one of the best games ever, it should be the best Star Trek game ever. but i find it lacking. i have played many ST games. most were true space flight games, all had a number of different ship & numerous missions of different types & stiles. now this game has some of these elements but is too easy to level to cap leaving players with nothing to do but dailies with no real reward. while it has good missions that do scale for solo or team play they are too easy to finish & give too much leveling so players basically finish the game in no time. leaving them board & not wanting to play any more. i as a life time player am hear to stay but i know that with out the monthly player base this game will not last meaning i will not get my money worth. so i am taking this time to try to bring to your attention some of the issues you need to work on.

many players are not happy with the limited Z axis. we have all seen in star trek II wrath of khan the enterprise go straight down & played in games where a player can go straight up or down with out limit. even in simple flight simulators a plain can fly almost straight up or dive down. why in the world would a ship in space not have the ability do do that ? a number of players in PVP even take advantage of this limited climb to exploits weapon arcs. all in all not very fair or realistic.

the new content is harder , but i feel too hard & not really geared to the Klingon players at all. i have played both fed & kling to cap level & PVP & PVE content. even with my fed who is well geared & with other players the new missions are nothing but a corpse run marathon , die run back,,, die run back,,, . & if you don`t have fleet friends or at least players who play their class well you really get nothing done. the reward tokens have not use at this time so there is really no reason to frustrate your self for hours trying to get nothing.

some of the powers are not balanced well. ether leaving a player unbeatable or waiting to die because he has no control of their ship for 15, 20 or more seconds. the players talent trees do not have enough points for a player to set them self up with a good balanced space & ground talents so many of them just focus totally on one or the other & then don`t bother on missions for the other type pf play or depend on being carried by other players.

being forced to group on PVE mission on the fed side is just stupid. anyone that has watched or read or even heard about star trek knows it is normally one ship & one crew working on a given mission at a given time, only some very few missions have more & those have been covered by your fleet missions nicely though getting a good group or fleet of groups together is very hard indeed.

Klingon's would really like a true science ship or sense carrier has been nurffed or fixed as the case may be. that giving it a bit more turn & a commander science station may be in order. also while the fed get 2 ships for each class at tier 5 the kling get only 1 & the very nice but not that nice BOP , not what most would consider good balance. while i know that kling did win a lot more pvp i feel that is do more to better team play in most cases, a good team of fed can still own most kling hands down in part of the different ships & a better supply of bridge officers with rare talents.

this is a short list of some of the things i have heard often repeated by both fed & kilng players. in short more ships. not skins. more content. better gear at end game & more info about what to look forward to. hope is a wonderful thing after all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-06-2010, 10:06 PM
I am not sure what you are talking about being forced to group except for Task Force quests which makes sense as those are "raids". I never felt the need to group as my bridge officers handled things very well. In fact, I would say that is one of the better features that STO offers that other MMOs doesnt have.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Oh my...

Welcome!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-06-2010, 10:13 PM
i tried to read it OP I really did but alas
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTate View Post
i tried to read it OP I really did but alas
I must say, it's not the most destructive wall of text I've seen .... but yeah, I hear ya!
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-06-2010, 11:30 PM
It ain't Red Alert without the fabulously talented Tim Curry !
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-07-2010, 05:17 PM
/agree completely,,,
tieer 5 epcis what a joke ,, Have to agree witht his post completely and also add,,, give klingons some real pve content and meaningful pvp. after hours and hours of pvp just to level to get to BG5 and pvp more in meaningless confined, battles,.,.. The players want more,,,,
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-07-2010, 05:18 PM
In before close
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-07-2010, 05:19 PM
to sum up the OP...

DOOOOOOM!!!!!!!