Lt. Commander
# 11
04-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnsignKoala
It ain't Red Alert without the fabulously talented Tim Curry !
This. All of it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-07-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm so bored i reactivated my WoW account. now think how bored i must have been to be that stoopid.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineria
to sum up the OP...

DOOOOOOM!!!!!!!
I can has DOOM?
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-07-2010, 08:48 PM
I agree with the OP to a point.

On grouping, this is a MMORPG. Meaning massively MULTIPLAYER online RPG. Meaning you are SUPPOSED to want to group with other people to finish things within the game. But I understand that there are some people who are either too socially awkward to make friends even in a online game, or people who chose to play a online game but still only want to play by themselves. Lucky for these people STO has one of the best mechanisms for these people, BOs, difficulty adjustments, and "auto grouping" instances for missions (with a turn off button), allowing the socially inept and reclusive to find people to play with (or the tools to play by themselves as the case may be)

Personally, my biggest pet peeve is the overall lack of flow for the game. You just get randomly passed around from person to person, who hands out missions for no apparent reason outside "you asked for one" and you go off on your merry little way to destroy random people. I honestly think I have single handedly destroyed what is left of the romulan empire while I was doing missions against them.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
dooooooooooooooooommmmmm!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Red Alert!!!!!

OP has launched massive white text targeted at my eyez..........

Brace for impact!
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-08-2010, 02:02 AM
I guess its time to quote someone famous.

"Its dead Jim......"
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-08-2010, 02:04 AM
OP is right

He cant spell or type for beans

I got a migrain 3 sentences into his post and had to give up on ever reading his wall of text that had the worst grammer, no caps, hell not even 2 spaces after periods ffs!
Lt. Commander
# 19 Just a question
04-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Ok, a bit of background first. With a job and family obligations I can play for 2 hours Sunday to Thursday and max time I have during Friday and Saturday is 6 hours.

I also solo exclusively except when forced otherwise.

Q: How in whatever you believe in level to RA5 in a week like most of the people claiming the same while soloing?

No job? No wife? Don't eat? .... Please be very specific as I have 1 character since launch at CPT5.

Also since you are already fully aware that the game was launched very early and was a scramble to try and complete just 1 story line what is your proposed fix? Especially in the very short time that the game has been live.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-08-2010, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo_00
Ok, a bit of background first. With a job and family obligations I can play for 2 hours Sunday to Thursday and max time I have during Friday and Saturday is 6 hours.

I also solo exclusively except when forced otherwise.

Q: How in whatever you believe in level to RA5 in a week like most of the people claiming the same while soloing?

No job? No wife? Don't eat? .... Please be very specific as I have 1 character since launch at CPT5.

Also since you are already fully aware that the game was launched very early and was a scramble to try and complete just 1 story line what is your proposed fix? Especially in the very short time that the game has been live.
My sugested fix at this point since the more detailed fix ideas Ive put forth in the past have been ignored would be a complete wipe aka everyone starts over with the skill point rewards for doing this reduced to almost nothing. At least that way there would be some purpose to playing as it would take a long time to get to the top rank.

OR

Slash the skill point rewards and dont reset and raise the level cap to level 60 or something.

Course the entire reward system aka what weapons are out there are a total mess for a long term game so that would need some attention also.

I have 3 top ranked characters with 2 more not far from bieng top ranked. 5 right at the top is kind of rediculous to be honest no longer than the game has been out.

You can go from 0 to maxed in a about 4 days if you try hard enough.

The game either needs a new leveling system or crippled skill point rewards. Its entirely to easy to get to the top rank and then theres nothing to do. Nothing to strive for.