Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
04-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
Maybe you should stop coming up with ways to protect the Klingons form of pvping instead of telling me to go play something else, I've invested heavily in this game and I shouldn't have to sit by while I'm having my game play ruined by others.
DUDE... seriously... back away from the keyboard, take a deep breath and reread my posts... not once did i defend those tactics... but to think that this is widespread problem and that most klinks use these lame strategies to win is not only short-sighted but borderline idiotic... I pvp all the time... have yet to run into what you describe... so chill out... you are taking this way too seriously... Revvy out... this thread got old pretty quick...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
04-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo-6
its our revenge for Feds spawning in dead and thus can see both sides and using Hazzard emiiters on cloaked klinks, or revenge for the fedballs stacked in a sea of mines, or maybe because klinks have to PvP a lot to even advance (although now we have 3 clusters to explore) and that makes us better at the lower levels?

Hate to say it.....L2P

The guys using feds to win for klinks.....lame....and should be flogged for it
They ain't spawning in dead, they are being owned as soon as they are turn up and not respawning because they are constantly being steamrolled or camped.

There should be not revenge needed for space combat, its already well know that klingons have the upper hand when it comes to pvp and those tactics you mentioned are viable ways of combating besides, u can't use hazard emitters on klingon ships unless the fed ship is under the influence of sensor scramble.

Your reasons for revenge are a terrible excuse for the over the top destruction of peoples ground pvp gaming.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
04-07-2010, 09:37 AM
The Federation needs to raise its recruitment standards.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
04-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpieri View Post
The Federation needs to raise its recruitment standards.
So do klingons if they think planting spies on the federation side is fair.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
04-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
So do klingons if they think planting spies on the federation side is fair.
Are you really that naive?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
04-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Wow. You guys totally miss the point of what they were doing.

Being accutely tired of staring at 3 Fed, 5 Klingon queue for hours on end, they had someone fill the queue so they could get the PVP moving.

Since everyone gets EXP for winning or losing ... the issues being expressed here likely won't be dealt with.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
Just in a game, not only were they a premade group who charged straight at us before we could even form a group but two of the people on our side were WORKING for them

Two of our fed players deliberately let themselves be killed without putting up defense and one even went as far as to saying i'm switching back now.

Along with the fact all the klingons are tooled up with god knows what, they are going out of their way to spoil ground pvp.

Something needs to be done, even the simplest adjustment such as adding a countdown to the beginning of battles would help. Apart from that I just have no respect for any ground klingon pvpers if they have to go out of their way to saboutage our gameplay, its just a form of griefing.
Lets answer you in a way that I can control myself because you need to play kling to see the other side

1) Feds have premade grd & space grps nothing new there
2) Feds steam roll also, only last night UK time it was 5 v 2 and we were ganked at log in because the feds were w8 for us
3) Thats sad and they are no true Klings
4) "Tooled up with god knows what" bit general there we don't have access to what feds have from quests...all we have is gear from dalies (pvp and pve) and pvp gear which are greens from badges, oh and the exchange but you have access aswell lol
5) I don't know you and not sure I have ever played against you, which gives you the right to say you have no respect for me because I grd pvp, though I do more space because thats what I like


What you Feds seem to never understand is all we do is "PVP" with the odd pve joke quest so when you come up against most klings you will lose add that to 5 of us and you will lose badly
But we do lose and there are some very good Fed PVPER'S, you either need to form a premade yourself because most Feds don't have a clue or improve your own game, also why don't you make a kling to do your pvp'ing with you will see a whole new side to us.
Lsatly there does seems to be alot more anger towards grd pvp for some reason, I see alot more trash talk in there and a few what I call tinks which are players geared just for grd pvp


P.s on a number of fights I've come up against fed players whos gear are just way out leveling what klings have at that lvl but it does even out at BG5
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Ahh, now I remember why Captain_Danar is on my ignore list.

Let me help you understand something.
When you enter in to PvP (Ground or Space) against a pre-formed team, and you side has no cohesion, then it is typically in everyone best interest to end that PvP match as quickly as possible.

With your example of the Ground PvP match, and the two people you claim are "spies" and are ruining your experience, you should note that those exact two people are the ones who were simply trying to end the match quickly.

Reasons for doing this can be to:
- simply hope to get in to another game with no pre-made teams
- get the rewards from finishing the PvP match (faster the better in terms of rewards per hour)
- combination of the above, along with forming a team before queuing up again



Stop soloing out Klingons and individual players. Just because you don't understand a concept doesn't make it wrong.

I for one would rather lose a match quickly than have it drag out for an hour, when I could have played 5+ matches in that same time frame.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janko
Ahh, now I remember why Captain_Danar is on my ignore list.

Let me help you understand something.
When you enter in to PvP (Ground or Space) against a pre-formed team, and you side has no cohesion, then it is typically in everyone best interest to end that PvP match as quickly as possible.

With your example of the Ground PvP match, and the two people you claim are "spies" and are ruining your experience, you should note that those exact two people are the ones who were simply trying to end the match quickly.

Reasons for doing this can be to:
- simply hope to get in to another game with no pre-made teams
- get the rewards from finishing the PvP match (faster the better in terms of rewards per hour)
- combination of the above, along with forming a team before queuing up again



Stop soloing out Klingons and individual players. Just because you don't understand a concept doesn't make it wrong.

I for one would rather lose a match quickly than have it drag out for an hour, when I could have played 5+ matches in that same time frame.
You missed out the fact that they actively threw themselves at the klingons then said they were switching back to the klingon side.

And to those saying they did it for the best..no just NO. I don't need pvp marks I don't need experience, I have the best gear available. I play for the fun of playing I don't want spies coming over to ruin the gaming experience by stopping other federation players getting involved and giving us a chance to fight back.

I care little for the rewards, the daily for today is for warzones not arena combat.

There is no jusitifcation for klingons sending spies over to the other side to ruining the game for federation players, none at all.

A lot of klingon players may have me on ignore now because they know what I say during games is true and they don't like to admit it to themselves. Not only are we hindered by unbalanced sides due to the klingons but they then also have players using weapon disable etc which makes it even worse, not only do we get steamrolled we can't even fight back if we wanted to, this includes the amount of sodding stun beams.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Also the Klingons tend to not need the rewards from the arena battles, they all usually have the best gear and weapons as well, not to mention endless supplies of consumables.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:42 AM.