Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
04-07-2010, 11:43 AM
If this is happening, then what were their names? I think it would be total crap if a Fed or Klingon is throwing a match for their team - in ground and space PvP. These people and their fleet should be identified - the community does have the power to police itself in some ways particularly now that fleets are getting more organized for PvP tournaments and other events.

I ground PvP on both my Fed RA5 and Klingon BG5, my Fed when I need three matches for daily and my Klingon at least 5 nights a week. I know the vast majority of Klingons who ground PvP regularly, and am friended with most of them for making pre-made ground PvP groups. I'd be curious if any of the people you named would be on my list of friends...

I doubt it.

I was going to say a few things based on the last few weeks of ground PvPing both sides. This seems as good a spot as any to rant.

Why Feds Suck.

It stuns me how little Feds communicate or cooperate in ground PvP. The Federation is filled with some of the most selfish, most egotistical, and some of the dumbest PvPers in the game - and it is a contributing factor why they lose in such a horribly lopsided way in ground PvP so often. Klingons are supposed to be suicidal warriors, but it is generally Federation players who will sprint to fight solo against 5 Klingons. That is just dumb.

Why is it that when Feds are down 30/0 in a match, some Federation Captain idiot will talk about how he doesn't care and just wants to finish his daily - and throw insults in as part of this conversation? I just bought my registered FRAPs for the sole intention of making these cowardly morons infamous as the people who make STO PvP suck.

In general, Fed Engineers who are stuck thinking their fortification defenses will hold off the Klingon mass are the epitome of stupid. Any Fed Engineer who doesn't know how to play their toon with any kit as part of a team needs to practice, because staying together is RULE #1 for success. Being Mr. Solo doesn't work. Tactical folks need engineers in their group to tank in ground PvP, running off to build a fort on some map is not productive.

How is it even possible that there is such a thing as the "Fed Ball" in space PvP when in ground PvP Feds are always off running by themselves? WTF!?! You would think Feds would be better at grouping in ground - but nope.

It amazes me how often I have to start the team when playing Fed in ground PvP - and actually space PvP too. It is at the moment a team is formed I can predict whether the match will be competitive or not with 95% accuracy. If teamwork means something to the group, that group will have success. If it doesn't, that group is going to get pounded into dust. I almost never join any PvP map anymore on my Klingon without being in a Pre-made - and only do so with my Fed because I so rarely play a Fed and don't know anyone. Feds who PvP but are part of a fleet that doesn't group need to find a better fleet - because good Fed fleets exist.

The Fed ground PvP community is fairly small - I know this because I compete against these folks daily. If the good folks among the masses were friended and created premade groups, you guys would have more fun and be much more competitive.

You moral minority need to quit pretending like there is some unmentioned code of ethics in ground PvP. When the odds are 5v1, you kill the 1 as often as possible. You camp the spawn location for Klingons. You throw everything you can and run the score up as high as possible as fast as possible and if someone complains, you ignore it. I do not apologize for giving Federation Captains a dirtnap in ground PvP when playing on my Klingon, and there is no way I'm going to apologize to a Klingon for kicking their butt. Klingons show no mercy and shoot for 40/0 matches regardless of the odds - even when outnumbered. The Federation needs to find that type of competitive spirit if you ever plan on winning against good competition.

Learn the importance of speed in ground PvP. When it is time, move fast. Otherwise, be crouched and learn to roll effectively. There is a time to shoot and a time to be the guy poised to hit the first target who comes through the door. Tactics matter in ground PvP, and sitting at your own spawn spot next to the engineers shield generator is the fastest way to be covered in plasma and licking your own blood off the floor 10 seconds later.

Why Klingons Suck.

When you lose, you act just like the Feds you complain about. Klingons are so used to winning that they behave like a bunch of pregnant Romulan women when they get beat in ground PvP. Guess what, get over it. There are more Fed ground PvPers than Klingon PvPers - something we couldn't say just a few weeks ago. Some - a few - of the new Fed ground PvPers know how to fight. Better competition for Klingons is good for ground PvP. I am personally very pleased I am actually getting killed in matches on Semtuk again - it used to take me over a week to complete that stupid "It's a good day to die" mission.

The queue system sucks, we all know it. Lately I have noticed 5 Feds will spawn in and only 2 Klingons will make it. Well, my Fed team will not suck if I have anything to do with it, so we run up the score. After dieing a few matches, too many Klingons will then quit the match. Well, within 5 minutes we usually kill different Klingons over and over and over, and those games rarely ever find a 5v5, even though 15 Klingons may come and go. If you die and don't want to be outnumbered 5v1 or 5v2, simply stay dead and wait 5 minutes. Go make yourself a coke, a beer, or a Jack and more Klingons will come. Bailing should be the last option, because most of the time there are enough players that help will eventually come - and usually they come right after you leave.

There are a bunch of new name newbies in Klingon ground PvP who act like idiots. They are not named Surgery, Necco, Klunk, K'Tana, Nene, Vicki, Selda, Morbo, and almost certainly are not part of the Vixon Fleet (who all rock). I also exclude CHC - who are fun group of new faces in ground PvP.

You Klingon newbs need to get your act together. Quit playing like Feds and quit whining like Feds. Stay grouped and watch your partners back. In STO PvP, despite the absence of good mechanics for supporting teamwork, there is an enormous difference between teams that work together towards watching each others back and teams that do not. Stun that guy beating up on your teammate - that stun shot is more important to winning than leading your team in damage. Too many of you newbs think ground PvP is about damage. If you believe that, you almost certainly suck in ground PvP.

As for the OP - I'm sorry this happens. Your generalization of Klingon ground PvPers hurts your argument though. Not all Klingons are the same, and by no means are all Feds the same. Please find better context for your complaints, and be more specific. Name fleets if you can't name players - because fleet leaders will slowly be getting more power in the game to police the PvP community as organized events become more popular.

It will happen even more when the PvP community finally finds an internet presence somewhere besides this forum.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
04-07-2010, 11:46 AM
So this guy has the best gear available, the very same gear available to the klingons, and he is complaining that the klingons have better gear?

Are we even playing the same game?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
04-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun421 View Post
So this guy has the best gear available, the very same gear available to the klingons, and he is complaining that the klingons have better gear?

Are we even playing the same game?
Did I say anything about having a problem with them having the best gear available? I'm complaing about the fact they have all this gear yet they are still using these dispictable tactics to win and they are quite clearly doing it to ruin the gaming of feds. Also having to use stun beams and weapon disable to fight out geared/outnumbered foes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
04-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
Also having to use stun beams and weapon disable to fight out geared/outnumbered foes.
It is clear this game is too hard for you. Carebears Online is recruiting.

I don't care if 5 tactical guys each summons a security team to gank your butt 20v1 - providing you a chance to win is not the responsibility of your enemies. That you appear to believe otherwise tells the rest of us all we need to know about you.

*hands you a tissue for the tears*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
04-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
They ain't spawning in dead, they are being owned as soon as they are turn up and not respawning because they are constantly being steamrolled or camped.

There should be not revenge needed for space combat, its already well know that klingons have the upper hand when it comes to pvp and those tactics you mentioned are viable ways of combating besides, u can't use hazard emitters on klingon ships unless the fed ship is under the influence of sensor scramble.

Your reasons for revenge are a terrible excuse for the over the top destruction of peoples ground pvp gaming.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Kwoance"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
04-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksided View Post
If this is happening, then what were their names? I think it would be total crap if a Fed or Klingon is throwing a match for their team - in ground and space PvP. These people and their fleet should be identified - the community does have the power to police itself in some ways particularly now that fleets are getting more organized for PvP tournaments and other events.
That is against the posting rules for Cryptic Forums.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
04-07-2010, 12:25 PM
the only thing ive run into in ground pvp is both fed and klink running up on my spawn point and zerging me before i even get a chance to see where i am. they do need a countdown as far as that switching back thing is concerned yeah they need to pick a side and stick with it. i would have reported the one who said he was switching back.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
04-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
That is against the posting rules for Cryptic Forums.
Doesn't surprise me.

Another reason why the PvP community for this game needs to find someplace besides this forum to discuss PvP issues.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
04-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksided View Post
Doesn't surprise me.

Another reason why the PvP community for this game needs to find someplace besides this forum to discuss PvP issues.
I agree. I can totally understand the desire to police certain behaviors among a PVP community. And because of that I sometimes find myself really disagreeing with Cryptic's policy regarding "naming names."

But I thought I should at least point out their rules, so folks don't get infraction points and wonder where they came from. I ran into this a lot on the Champions forums. So having the benefit of that experience ... I thought I'd share.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
04-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnobber
the only thing ive run into in ground pvp is both fed and klink running up on my spawn point and zerging me before i even get a chance to see where i am. they do need a countdown as far as that switching back thing is concerned yeah they need to pick a side and stick with it. i would have reported the one who said he was switching back.

Thats usually because we are on our way to someplace else (at least on teams I am on) and a fed pops right up in front of us. I have not been on teams camping spawn points, but it may happen.

Last night a fed and I blasted each other into component atoms and spawned facing each other nose to nose sooo....we blasted each other into component atoms and spawned facing each other nose to nose and we then blasted each other into component atoms.....and finally spawned in different places.....where I got rolled by 3 feds......stuff happens, roll with it or perish.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:12 AM.