Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
04-20-2010, 05:17 AM
I personally love the exploration missions for Klingons. Mixed with some PvP and the upcoming PvE episodes, things look good for the Klingon side.

I will agree that there do seem to be a lot of bugged maps. Hopefully that will get fixed in time. One thing to keep in mind is that Klingons were never going to have PvE originally (at time of launch). This was added after so is really being thrown together quite quickly. I expect some issues in a case like that. However, I give Cryptic credit for trying really hard to respond to the player base.

BTW, why do so many of the Klingon missions have those various colored gas clouds or hazes or what ever that make it near impossible to see stuff very far away? It seems like most planet side explore missions have some sort of haze or clouds on it. Very annoying.

Thanks,
Duncan
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadersson View Post
BTW, why do so many of the Klingon missions have those various colored gas clouds or hazes or what ever that make it near impossible to see stuff very far away? It seems like most planet side explore missions have some sort of haze or clouds on it. Very annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Yes, but some maps are "foggy" or they may have more than one path even though one of them isn 'really' a path.
about every 10 seems to be hard to get all the objects
Yeah, the insanely dense fog on some maps is a bit ridiculous!

---

One thing I like about some of the Space missions is that on a lot of them you don't even need to kill the enemy ships, just the "derelict federation vessels", or "<element>-rich asteroids", or "agriculture domes". Which means you can speed through at high impulse shooting them as you go along. The equivalent ones on the Fed side require you to scan the objects, which means you have to kill every ship first. So while the Fed missions take 10-15 mins, the Klingon equivalents take just 2 mins each.
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-20-2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
I want to follow up on this because I am your pal (and I <3 the klingon side so much. The only thing feds are good for is federalizing my garden).
well your garden must be suffering then because the feds are scarce of late. At least at the Lt, Lt. Comm, Comm levels....

Ok, I'll bug what I see but keep pokeing the pencil pusher in IKS MatComm to get the scanners fixed please....
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Quote:

Now I have a challenge for you. Personally I don't believe that you have come across the same bugged star cluster map twice. The only way I can tell is from the bug report tickets you send in, so here is the challenge. As you are submitting tickets for the bugged star clusters, if you believe 100% that you have already been to this same bugged map then send me a PM. I will look through your bug reports and verify if your claim is correct. There will need to be a bug report from each time for me to compare. No I don't have any prizes but I will admit that I was wrong and you were right and you could put that in your sig.

Also keep in mind that i can see the time stamps from the bug reports, and when you completed the mission so I can tell if you try and cheat by sending a bug report, then leaving and sending another bug report.
Ticket # 826192
Ticket # 828094

EXACT same map, 2 different bugs.

You'll also note that the tickets were submitted roughly a day apart. I have also had a different map spawn three times so far for me but it never bugged so I haven't reported it.
Lt. Commander
# 45
04-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Funny, to finish my daily I had to do NINE missions today because six where so bugged i couldnt complete it.
Worst then beta...
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Now I have a challenge for you. Personally I don't believe that you have come across the same bugged star cluster map twice. The only way I can tell is from the bug report tickets you send in, so here is the challenge. As you are submitting tickets for the bugged star clusters, if you believe 100% that you have already been to this same bugged map then send me a PM. I will look through your bug reports and verify if your claim is correct.
It's a Fed cluster map but PM Sent. I know I encountered the same bugged cluster map at least twice.
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthar View Post
Ummm I live in the real world. I am the foreman for 40 electricians wiring a 10 story office building. When something is not done right, things tend to burn down or explode and kill people. Now granted I don't get to sit on my ass all day and surf the web while coding buggy crap, but work is work. If people don't do their jobs properly they should be fired. What makes the gaming industry any different? The lead developers obviously knew about these bugs and decided to release crap instead of a quality product.

What if everyone in the world did such a half-assed job? Programming is not rocket science... Programmers don't deserve free passes in life. If Crypitc is happy with the quality of the Season one release, this game is doomed to fail.
CLearly you don't know how to program and the fact that you are a foreman for 40 electricians wiring a 10 story office building doesn't make you qualified to comment on that issue.

Code writing comes iwth bugs, period. Because its very complicated and one item can be coded by any number of different people in their own unique way. It's a problem every developer faces. Computer programs come with bugs. That is reality, whether you choose to accept it or not is irrelevant.

You comment about what if everyone did their job half assed, but I hate to break it to you most people do. Maybe not in your line of work or with a perfectionist foreman such as yourself, and maybe not in any industry where lives are threatened, but in the world I live in half is the the norm.

If i'm the CEO of a company making an MMO I make a decision, if it doesn't cause problems or exploits it goes into production because my fan base is livid about progress being made. So its not hard to understand why "half assed buggy crap" makes it to production.

I see alot of people who write on this forum are vested in the success of STO because they wanted it and want to be what they want to play. I can understand frustration if its anything less than perfect. However I think 50% of the people who complain have set to bar so high that it is not only unrealistic, but unpractical to attain.
Lt. Commander
# 48
04-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave111
CLearly you don't know how to program and the fact that you are a foreman for 40 electricians wiring a 10 story office building doesn't make you qualified to comment on that issue.

Code writing comes iwth bugs, period. Because its very complicated and one item can be coded by any number of different people in their own unique way. It's a problem every developer faces. Computer programs come with bugs. That is reality, whether you choose to accept it or not is irrelevant.

You comment about what if everyone did their job half assed, but I hate to break it to you most people do. Maybe not in your line of work or with a perfectionist foreman such as yourself, and maybe not in any industry where lives are threatened, but in the world I live in half is the the norm.

If i'm the CEO of a company making an MMO I make a decision, if it doesn't cause problems or exploits it goes into production because my fan base is livid about progress being made. So its not hard to understand why "half assed buggy crap" makes it to production.

I see alot of people who write on this forum are vested in the success of STO because they wanted it and want to be what they want to play. I can understand frustration if its anything less than perfect. However I think 50% of the people who complain have set to bar so high that it is not only unrealistic, but unpractical to attain.
If you ever have minor surgery and the surgeon works as sloppy as cryptic does, and you are handicaped after that and cant even move a finger any more, I'm really sure you will pleasured if he explains "Sorry that i forgot my Rolex inside you, you clearly dont know how complicatet that surgeon stuff is, with all that blood and nerves and so on. Surgeys come with faiures. Thinks like that happens to everybody, so dont be a whiner and stop complaining."

However, I remember times when games came out without that kind of issues, simply because they were not able to fix it with patches when hardly anybody had internet. True, thats not MMOs, but not only MMOs get released unfinished, almost EVERY game gets released unfinished.
Lt. Commander
# 49
04-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Maybe thats why you guys care so much about people not making mistakes with your video games. It is somehow directly wired to your life and you are dead without it. Last time I checked nobody died from a poorly made video game. Maybe you need to get out of the house every now and then.
Lt. Commander
# 50
04-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave111
Maybe thats why you guys care so much about people not making mistakes with your video games. It is somehow directly wired to your life and you are dead without it. Last time I checked nobody died from a poorly made video game. Maybe you need to get out of the house every now and then.
You obviously didnt get the point.
Sloppy work is sloppy work. May be programming is complicatet, but other things are too, and they have to been done right the first time.
That you can fix things here is the only reason nobody gives a crap about quety anymore.
But is STILL nothing but sloppy work and, beside the Software industry, everywhere people would loose their jop at once if they work that way.
Do you really thing that programming is more complicatet then surgery? Or more complicatet then building a spaceshutle? Or even an Airplain. Or a car: Toyota showed perfect what happens when you build a car the way STO was build.

That there are no lives depending on it or something is no excuse for slopy work.