Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
04-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
You obviously didnt get the point.
Sloppy work is sloppy work. May be programming is complicatet, but other things are too, and they have to been done right the first time.
That you can fix things here is the only reason nobody gives a crap about quety anymore.
But is STILL nothing but sloppy work and, beside the Software industry, everywhere people would loose their jop at once if they work that way.
Do you really thing that programming is more complicatet then surgery? Or more complicatet then building a spaceshutle? Or even an Airplain. Or a car: Toyota showed perfect what happens when you build a car the way STO was build.

That there are no lives depending on it or something is no excuse for slopy work.
Indeed, I fully agree.

Toyota got it's bill for it's sloopy work. They had to pay a 16,4 Millionen Dollar penalty coupled with a not valuable longterm loss of reputation, something Cryptic does not seem to care for. And how Angelus said. Sloopy work is sloopy work.
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Dude, it's just a game...
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
Personally I don't believe that you have come across the same bugged star cluster map twice.
I hate to burst your bubble, but the majority of "Defeat Invaders" ground missions and "Enemy Confrontation" space missions are not spawning enemies. That is a fact, and it has been a fact since Season 1 content was placed on the test server, Tribble. Even the most junior QA person I have ever trained could spot this.

BTW - the quoted sentence could be taken that you are calling your paying customers liars.
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Klingon ground maps are completely rediculous. just spent A FRICKEN HOUR looking the 5th item of 5. on a foggy planet. Not Tricorder, not much line of sight. I was bound and determined to find I walked the entire map, in a grid. It the 5th item existed it was inside a rock or underground.

I finally have had it. lifetime or not subscription. I am quiting until the at least fix the basic of this game.

Caio! See you all in a couple months if the game is still here.
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-23-2010, 04:21 AM
And another one gone. Great. Its about to become very lonley in Klingon space.
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-23-2010, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
I want to follow up on this because I am your pal (and I <3 the klingon side so much. The only thing feds are good for is federalizing my garden).

I will let you in on a secret to tide you over until then though. The objects that you have to destroy in the ground "destroy 5 of X" missions are not randomly placed. There are several different patterns in placement that they show up as. Once you figure out the patterns you wont even need the tricorder.
As for the peeps having trouble finding the thingies to blow up or to interact with on ground missions. I did not even know that u could use ur tricorder to find stuff on ground untill after i got two RA5 and two Midd lvl LTC klinks. And why ? Bcause i have played tons of MMO`s and realized long time ago that theres usually a pattern for were things are located. So it took me couple explore missions to work out that everything is located near the path u usually very clear see on ur map. After starting to use the tricorder on Fed side i just got annoyed that the damn thing want to send me to a place with a anomalie i dont want is located.

The "building" structures with finding or blowing up stuff was more than easy before and i cannot really see the use in maybe gettin mission time down from 10 minutes ( included for killing the usual squads of whatever is there) to 8 minutes with the use of the tricorder.

Ofc it is a gimmick and looks cool, and maybe some find the sound cool as well. Not me thou since i dont play with any sound on, havent been last years.
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
You obviously didnt get the point.
Sloppy work is sloppy work. May be programming is complicatet, but other things are too, and they have to been done right the first time.
That you can fix things here is the only reason nobody gives a crap about quety anymore.
But is STILL nothing but sloppy work and, beside the Software industry, everywhere people would loose their jop at once if they work that way.
Do you really thing that programming is more complicatet then surgery? Or more complicatet then building a spaceshutle? Or even an Airplain. Or a car: Toyota showed perfect what happens when you build a car the way STO was build.

That there are no lives depending on it or something is no excuse for slopy work.
There isn't a single programmer in the world that writes flawless code the first time. Mabye that should indicate to you how complicated it can get? I've never performed surgery so I wouldn't be able to tell how complicated it is. I have however programmed so I have a little insight on the matter.

I bought Empire Total War when it came out. It was nearly unplayable with bugs and it was quite frankly the most awful gaming experience. People were livid about it declaring they would never support Creative Assembly ever again, and yet they bought Napoleon Total War and they exclaimed immediately how much they love it.

Sloppy work comes out EVERYWHERE. I previously gave an example of the CEO who has to decide whether new content goes into production with some bugs or they push it back and wait till its fixed a little more. Why don't you put yourself in their shoes right now and look at people such as yourself who demand more content, faster, and flawless.

You also continually compare a video game to life threatening items where a mistake in engineering kills people.
"Do you really thing that programming is more complicatet then surgery? Or more complicatet then building a spaceshutle? Or even an Airplain."
Making a game isn't any of this, and people don't die from TEMPORARY poor code in a game. Get a grip.

Toyota broke really real laws and thats why they are in the boat they are. You let me know when there are laws to protect the lives of game players from game designers.
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthar View Post
What about the bug where the tri-corder does not work in just about ALL ground missions and the scanner does not work in just about ALL the space missions? Was this bug overlooked or just ignored?

I believe Klingons use tricorders only as musical instruments for recreation. I agree to the OP in every single bug mentioned, I might just assign the "V" key to some other function, I have aborted many missions because of bugs as described by the OP and the inability to use "V" to locate anything makes some missions impossible to finish, when you need to find a ship in a large asteroid field and nothing gives away its position, I have flown through the field 10x trying different angles and nothing.

My all time favorite mission was a planet with THICK fog at night, meaning 0 visibility while trying to locate small buried alien devices which were totally impossible to find, no sparkle, no tricorder, hmm .. abort + next.

So IMHO the Klingon should get a working "V" scan, please.
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Did indigo ever actually get in touch with any of the people that challenged him? You gotta love when a dev becomes argumentative instead of saying, "Oh, let me look into that and fix it.".
Lt. Commander
# 60
04-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMadman View Post
Did indigo ever actually get in touch with any of the people that challenged him? You gotta love when a dev becomes argumentative instead of saying, "Oh, let me look into that and fix it.".
I guess that's a no then.