Lt. Commander
# 1 Influx of sci ships
04-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Just starting to notice a lot more fed sci ships in the lower tiers. In some ways, pvp is getting a lot easier. They don't really do SNB/VM very well (3 second VMs), they don't heal each other, they attack at the wrong time against BC's and sci ships suck mostly armor/weapon wise.

I miss the cruisers. can't wait for the build of the week to go away, they are a little late to the gravy train.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostish
Just starting to notice a lot more fed sci ships in the lower tiers. In some ways, pvp is getting a lot easier. They don't really do SNB/VM very well (3 second VMs), they don't heal each other, they attack at the wrong time against BC's and sci ships suck mostly armor/weapon wise.

I miss the cruisers. can't wait for the build of the week to go away, they are a little late to the gravy train.
SNB/VM is getting changed reaaaaaaly soon so no worried about the noobs whoo will flock to a different class
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2010, 12:21 PM
I've always been sci in a sci ship

They make me look bad....

worse.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Nothing better then getting subnuked by a player coming out of full impulse .
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason151 View Post
SNB/VM is getting changed reaaaaaaly soon so no worried about the noobs whoo will flock to a different class
honestly I fly science 99% of the time...I CAN NOT wait for the SNB BUFF, yes buff it will be WAY more deadly then the current layout of the skill.
I can say that the current version is wicked BUT it really just needs a counter to it...I always like the idea of tactical team to remove it, give tac team a better use than DPS buff and Boarding party buff.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Just starting to notice a lot more fed sci ships in the lower tiers. In some ways, pvp is getting a lot easier. They don't really do etc, etc. ... they are a little late to the gravy train.
Your logic is short sighted. They are lower tiers. Still learning how to play their ship and their build.

The experience brought on by facing challenge will make them better.

And thus make them much harder to defeat when they reach RA5, have a much better handle on their ship and what it can do and now have access to the entire loadout of science tricks.

Enjoy popping Sci-Lt-Cmdrs now ... for they'll be back in their Lunas and Tridents to get some payback later.

Never underestimate your foe.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-07-2010, 02:25 PM
I have a bg5 tac and a ra5 sci. These players suck or are slow, or wait they saw QQ threads about being SCI using VM/SBN and jumped on wagon.

But since you assumed I was a lower level player, I'll assume you don't have alts.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
I have a bg5 tac and a ra5 sci. These players suck or are slow, or wait they saw QQ threads about being SCI using VM/SBN and jumped on wagon.

But since you assumed I was a lower level player, I'll assume you don't have alts.
?

Notice the quote in the previous post. Those are YOUR WORDS I quoted.

Let's review ...

You said:

"Just starting to notice a lot more fed sci ships in the lower tiers."

Your commentary is that these players are bad.

My warning to you is that ... by the time they make RA5, they will have a lot more experience at playing science ships in PVP.

You are underestimating your foes. All it takes is a couple of good matches with a decent team so they can see how to successfully use the very powerful abilities science ships have ... and then they are up to speed and are a fearsome foe to be reckoned with.

Notice, again, I'm not assuming anything about you. I am reading your own words. You state you are noticing these bad science players at the lower levels. You are underestimating what the levelling process does for people.

Your logic is short sighted. Just ask any Vulcan, they'll tell you. You can probably find a few on board some of those science ships you're trying to insult.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Yep, just before I jump into my Science alt I get myself a nice lobotomy. Cause, well, if I did not then the OP would be wrong, and that is just unpossible.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
?

Notice the quote in the previous post. Those are YOUR WORDS I quoted.

Let's review ...

You said:

"Just starting to notice a lot more fed sci ships in the lower tiers."

Your commentary is that these players are bad.

My warning to you is that ... by the time they make RA5, they will have a lot more experience at playing science ships in PVP.

You are underestimating your foes. All it takes is a couple of good matches with a decent team so they can see how to successfully use the very powerful abilities science ships have ... and then they are up to speed and are a fearsome foe to be reckoned with.

Notice, again, I'm not assuming anything about you. I am reading your own words. You state you are noticing these bad science players at the lower levels. You are underestimating what the levelling process does for people.

Your logic is short sighted. Just ask any Vulcan, they'll tell you. You can probably find a few on board some of those science ships you're trying to insult.
What are you even talking about.. Short Sighted what. I have a BG5 anbd RA5, it's nothing new. I was fighting SCI before SCI was cool. I don't need a warning.

The point of the thread is all the people who have rerolled to get on the SCI train. Seems everyone else understands but you. You keep saying my logic is short sighted, these people suck. It's not about the level, they don't even have the right stuff equiped on thier ships. There are good players at the same level as the tards. They see 3 things and figured it's all that it took. SCI + VM + SNB = IWIN.