Lt. Commander
# 1 Some Quick Questions
04-07-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm a tad out of touch with the recent updates, changes, shifts and other fixes that have been happening ever since the game came out.

So I'm wondering if you can answer some questions for me please?

First off I want to ask about Beam Ability :: Fire At Will, does this still suck so god awful that it makes children weep? I've noticed Torpedo Spread(At least rank 1), still seems to be pretty horrid and I was hoping by now it would've been buffed...

Secondarily I'm working on an odd build for my one character and right now he's using Tachyon Beam and Tykon's Rift. I know Tykon can get a bonus from Spatial Anomaly, but does it get boosts from Deflector Dish? And what else would Tykon Rift get abonus from?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Instead of fire at will; I suggest you try beam overload. It has been improved, it only drains 50 power. I'm using beam overload II and it usually drops a shield facing or pretty close. From what I've seen torpedo spread is pretty useless at least in pvp. Beam overload + a high yield 3 = a dead or dying ship if they dont get their shields back up.

Tykens Rift
Increased by: Spatial Anomaly, Starship Operations, Starship Deflectors, Aux Power
drains power of all nearby enemys and causes minor damage

That is from the science ability list in the science ships part of the forum.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarty
Instead of fire at will; I suggest you try beam overload. It has been improved, it only drains 50 power. I'm using beam overload II and it usually drops a shield facing or pretty close. From what I've seen torpedo spread is pretty useless at least in pvp. Beam overload + a high yield 3 = a dead or dying ship if they dont get their shields back up.

Tykens Rift
Increased by: Spatial Anomaly, Starship Operations, Starship Deflectors, Aux Power
drains power of all nearby enemys and causes minor damage

That is from the science ability list in the science ships part of the forum.
For Beam OVerload what if you don't have 50 weapon power?
And only one Beam spot...which is a dual beam.

It's one of the abilities I was thinking of nabbing but I don't know if a single Dual Beam with a weapon power of..47 is worth it or not?