Lt. Commander
# 1 Can you change the race?
04-07-2010, 12:23 PM
So im human now, and i dont know what was going on in my mind when i made him, but i can tell you not much. So now since i dont want to start from 0, can i somehow change a race? Or is it possible to only change hair and stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2010, 12:25 PM
I believe, right now, you can only change the appearance and skill point assignments. I don't believe the racial traits can be redone.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Oh no...
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-07-2010, 12:32 PM
It's species, not race.

And no, you can't change it short of rerolling. Which really, unless you are Captain or higher shouldn't be a big problem. In fact you could end up ahead of the game if you work it right.

First make an alt and get them to Spacedock. Then mail all of your items to the new alt, placing at least one low cost item in with the rest of useful gear. Put the low cost item up for sale on the market with the alt for precisely the amount of credits your current character has. Remember that number and the item name.

Get on the original character now and purchase that low cost item from your alt. And now that you've transferred your funds and all your gear you're ready to delete.

One last thing. Before you delete make sure to use the /bind_save_file <filename> feature to save your bind set up. Exit. Delete character and recreate. Then start mailing the gear back and redo the credit swap and you're good to go. And now you're starting out with a nice pile of credits and some gear for later.

Lt. Commander
# 5
04-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverdosedSLO View Post
Oh no...
It only took Blizzard a few years to add this kind of feature to their game.

Just hang in there, it will appear in the C-Store before your voice breaks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
One last thing. Before you delete make sure to use the /bind_save_file <filename> feature to save your bind set up. Exit. Delete character and recreate. Then start mailing the gear back and redo the credit swap and you're good to go. And now you're starting out with a nice pile of credits and some gear for later.[/color]

That was all useful except the part where you deleted ? Why? I mean if you were running out of character slots.. but otherwiese?

Edit: never mind.. I see it was to use the exact same name character
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGratis View Post
That was all useful except the part where you deleted ? Why? I mean if you were running out of character slots.. but otherwiese?
If he wanted to reuse the same name.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
If he wanted to reuse the same name.

But then he would have to do the same thing... twice.. (transfer all the credits and everything else)

DUH.. I just saw he did suggest doing just that....

I think I would live with a slightly different name.. and just skip the double reversal..
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-07-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm really hoping there's an option to change careers in the pipeline. I'm not happy with Tactical at all, and not the least bit interested in rerolling right now.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverdosedSLO View Post
So im human now, and i dont know what was going on in my mind when i made him, but i can tell you not much. So now since i dont want to start from 0, can i somehow change a race? Or is it possible to only change hair and stuff?
In WoW race, gender and faction changes are a paid service. I don't see why they can't set something up similar in the C-store.