Lt. Commander
The infected was great fun until I hit the final boss with my group.

Let me put the problem in a simple equation :

Platform jumping + Pool of Death + Lag + (Rubber Banding) = Not Funny + Frustration

Cryptic, please take into account that not everyone of your customers has a pristine internet connection.

I don't have any problem with the Pool of Death in order to restrict movement, but combining it with platform jumping in an MMO was not a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-08-2010, 05:35 AM
Im not sure how fast your connection is or if you have the graphics set too high but if its just your internet connection then i suggest you sell your account cos you will be incapable of playing this or other online games effectivly...............Plasma pools or no plasma pools.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-08-2010, 06:24 AM
I must agree with #2.

I have yet to expirience lag in Infected, even thoug I have played with dozens of diffrent players.

I have played on connections from 1- to 15Mbps (latter being my home connection), without any problems at all.
If you're expiriencing lag severe enough to actually prevent you from completing Infected boss room, wich is easy once you have figured out the strategy, with just 5 people how can you do fleet action or PvP?

Also as a developer of web applications I must say that it sometimes is nessacary to disregard people with low-end connections and computers. It's sad, but people demanding that developers of online applications take all low-end users into account, effectively stall development, wich is somthing that I will not support.

Tech develops, and it is not the duty of developers to stop using this new tech because people can't or won't keep up to speed.
I know that in some parts of the world, 15/15 Mbps connections like mine are rare and expensive, and I respect that as it is not the users fault. But that is no reason for Cryptic or any other developer to stop taking advantage of the more demanding technologies... And STO is hardly a State of the Art Game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-08-2010, 06:40 AM
What is Lag??:p
Lt. Commander
# 5 Starfleet Captains can't jump?
04-08-2010, 08:41 AM
I too feel that the current Game Client was not designed to primarily support the acrobatic use it may require from players in certain situations and the reasons for this are various, lag being only one of the issues.

However, as long as you're not suffering from severe lag you should be able to do three simple things to help alleviate the issues:
  1. Try to jump only when your character is not engaged in any other activity. (If you've ever played a form-shifting Kheldian in CoH this may already be an all too familiar issue!)

2. Take a stand on the center platform and get rid of any drones that are in the way of the other jumpers when they take down the Force Fields.

3. Before the end-boss comes out, try to join the rest of the team on whatever platform they're on.
I hope this works for you as it did for me and my PuG team.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-08-2010, 08:48 AM
Ive gotten to the borg queen twice.And both times i never had a problem.Rubberbanding issues on my end have been dealt with, by me.That means i have no rubberbanding anymore.Lag issues is your end or your ISP or a combination of both.There is plenty of help from the tech forums here.It just takes time to sift through it and pinpoint your problem.