Lt. Commander
# 1 Insight into content design
04-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Hey guys I just thought I should post this were more people would see it, Gozer gives some really detailed info on how content is designed and what's in store for the future.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=100
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Just a little bump because I know people on here will want to either say "If Gozer takes a vacation I quit, with the game as it is there should be NO BREAKS!" or "Oh 7 people? that should be alright for season 2."
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Nice to see some insight !
One of the cornerstones of PR is managing expectations.
Posts like these clear up incorrect assumptions about the development.

Incidentally, perhaps if they shifted focus a bit to making tools for the community to contribute with content, they could go on vacations a bit more frequently ?
Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.LoveMonkey
Just a little bump because I know people on here will want to either say "If Gozer takes a vacation I quit, with the game as it is there should be NO BREAKS!" or "Oh 7 people? that should be alright for season 2."
Guess you're wrong. It actually more like " meh.. don't really care anymore"
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-08-2010, 12:02 AM
double post
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-08-2010, 12:19 AM
7 people is not much, or is that normal for a MMO?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-08-2010, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISS_Renegade
7 people is not much, or is that normal for a MMO?
That is just the people on the content team, who create the missions and add interactivity to the social environments. It doesn't include art (character, ship, environmental, animation, visual effects, and audio are all multi-person teams), Systems design (combat system, powers, rewards, items, etc), software, UI, production, QA, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
That is just the people on the content team, who create the missions and add interactivity to the social environments. It doesn't include art (character, ship, environmental, animation, visual effects, and audio are all multi-person teams), Systems design (combat system, powers, rewards, items, etc), software, UI, production, QA, etc.
Ahh right, my bad.
I thought 7 people total and was like
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-08-2010, 03:34 AM
I'd love to see more information on how content for the game is created - what tools are used, what is and isn't possible? That sort of thing.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-08-2010, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic View Post
How much (please read that post) of the art team are still working on the game though? I've been linking to that info I found in my signature as Cryptic Reassignment because I have asked twice now on the forums for clarification and been ignored...