Lt. Commander
# 11
04-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkittin

How much (please read that post) of the art team are still working on the game though? I've been linking to that info I found in my signature as Cryptic Reassignment because I have asked twice now on the forums for clarification and been ignored...
Huh? nothing in that post specifically mentions reassigning anyone that I see. Adding more artists, yes.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-08-2010, 06:44 AM
But it makes it sound like they didn't hire a new team, it says stuff like "We need an individual who will maintain a style and aesthetic quality of art assets and improve the workflow of the art team", "vision to a group of artists on an ongoing basis" and "Working closely with the other leads from Design and Programming" (which implies that people from that may have been pulled away too)...
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
But it implies they didn't hire a new team, and it says stuff like "We need an individual who will maintain a style and aesthetic quality of art assets and improve the workflow of the art team", "vision to a group of artists on an ongoing basis" and "Working closely with the other leads from Design and Programming" (which implies people from that have been pulled away too)...
Not asking sarcasticly, but have you ever assembled a team for a new game project? Often you want to get the head of the team in position first. Then build from there. If they were pulling more from existing teams I think it would be more likely they'd be promoting someone internally then hiring new people to work under them. That would be easier.

I'm not saying no one moved, but nothing says anyone has either. You're reading your own interpretation into what was actually said. But they have directly said STO has the largest live team at Cryptic and that number would not be reducing. That would mean Champions has a smaller team and they did a tremendous amount of art for the Revelations expansion they just did. So artwise at least I'm not worried.

But we'll see with Season 2.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Quote:

How much (please read that post) of the art team are still working on the game though? I've been linking to that info I found in my signature as Cryptic Reassignment because I have asked twice now on the forums for clarification and been ignored...
DStahl left one word out of his post and that was "Lead". He meant to say "Lead character artist". Matt does indeed lead a team of character artists, which is the same size as it was when the game launched.

A few people who were borrowed to work on STO right before launch have gone back to their main projects, but the team is the same size as it was during most of the game's development and is scheduled to remain that way for the foreseeable future.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-08-2010, 08:15 AM
That's awesome thank you, I mirrored your reply over to the thread, lots of panicing people there

Any idea on this? http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...5&postcount=34

Is Myopic right that only Jack Emmert is still on Cryptic from City Of, everyone else is new? Myopic says Positron said something on the City Of boards about Jack but cannot apparently remember where - as you can see from my post I did a search and couldn't find anything saying that. Would be cool if it's not true... you definitely need whoever did City Of's much larger social instances as others hope might happen in the future
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-08-2010, 08:22 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Kwoance"
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-08-2010, 08:24 AM
There's definately CoH people still at Cryptic. The current executive producer on Champions, Shannon Posniewski, for example, programmed many systems (combat/interface/etc) on Coh/CoV.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Quote:
That's awesome thank you, I mirrored your reply over to the thread, lots of panicing people there

Any idea on this? http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...5&postcount=34

Is Myopic right that only Jack Emmert is still on Cryptic from City Of, everyone else is new? Myopic says Positron said something on the City Of boards about Jack but cannot apparently remember where - as you can see from my post I did a search and couldn't find anything saying that. Would be cool if it's not true... you definitely need whoever did City Of's much larger social instances as others hope might happen in the future
There are a lot of people who worked on COH and COV still at Cryptic.

If you ever have a chance to meet Josh (one of our content designers) -- be sure to ask him about Grandville.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
There's definately CoH people still at Cryptic. The current executive producer on Champions, Shannon Posniewski, for example, programmed many systems (combat/interface/etc) on Coh/CoV.
highlighted for emphasis - that is totally irrelevant to me or probably most of the people here, I for one do not and will not play a game that looks to me like "disney heroes online"! I liked how city of villains at least tried for some semblance of realism in how it looked about 3/4 of the missions were pretty bad tho... Catwoman (Batman Returns)/Batman gritty style over cheesey cheese any day!

But yeah Kestrel's reply is great news!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
There are a lot of people who worked on COH and COV still at Cryptic.

If you ever have a chance to meet Josh (one of our content designers) -- be sure to ask him about Grandville.
Grandville was a work of art, like one of those really intricate metal sculptures... when I eventually bought a proper graphics card instead of the radeon 9200 that came with my computer hehe

Really hope you make the non-combat instances larger like City Of, remove the junk copypasted placeholder NPCs that mill about in areas here and let the actual players in instead!

That way you might see more community inside the game rather than just on the forums or within the gated communities of fleets, which I think with the advisory council "out reach" and all is something you would like to see

I know I'm not the only one who thinks this would help
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
[color=#66ccff]
highlighted for emphasis - that is totally irrelevant to me or probably most of the people here, I for one do not and will not play a game that looks to me like "disney heroes online"! I liked how city of villains at least tried for some semblance of realism in how it looked about 3/4 of the missions were pretty bad tho... Catwoman (Batman Returns)/Batman gritty style over cheesey cheese any day!
Then maybe you should have clarified your question a bit right? Because you asked about Cryptic, not STO.

Anyway before he became Champs Head it Poz worked on both games as Director of Game Programming.